METROPOLITAN COUNCILS ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 292 of 1989
124.699 Participating qualified county; receipt of revenues; publication and adoption of articles or amendments.Sec. 49.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), the articles of a metropolitan region council shall authorize each participating qualified county to receive up to 1/3 of any net revenues collected within that participating qualified county under section 47. The amount of up to 1/3 of net revenues received shall be expended to fund those cultural and recreational programs and facilities that are not primarily designed or used for professional sports.
(2) A participating qualified county with a population of more than 2,000,000 persons according to the most recent federal decennial census shall not receive any net revenues collected within that county under section 47(2). Instead, 1/3 of the net revenues collected in each city, village, or portion of a township that is not incorporated as a city or village shall be retained by that city, village, or portion of a township, and those net revenues shall be expended by the affected cities, villages, and portions of townships to fund only cultural and recreational programs and facilities that are not primarily designed or used for professional sports.
(3) Before the articles or amendments are adopted by any participating city, the articles or amendments shall be published by the clerk of the participating city at least once in a newspaper generally circulated within the participating city. Before the articles or amendments are adopted by participating qualified counties, the articles or amendments shall be published by the clerk of each participating qualified county at least once in a newspaper generally circulated within that county.
(4) The adoption of articles or amendments by the legislative body of a participating county or city shall be evidenced by an endorsement on the articles or amendments by the clerk of the participating county or city in a form substantially as follows:
These articles of incorporation (or amendments) were adopted by an affirmative vote of a majority of the members serving on the legislative body of ___________________________, _________________ at a meeting duly held on the _____ day of _______________, A.D., ____.
(5) Upon adoption of the articles or amendments by a metropolitan region council, the clerk of each participating county shall file in that county and with the secretary of state a printed copy of the adopted or amended articles.
History: Add. 1998, Act 375, Imd. Eff. Oct. 20, 1998
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan