APPORTIONMENT OF COUNTY BOARDS OF COMMISSIONERS (EXCERPT)
Act 261 of 1966
46.415 County board of commissioners; compensation and mileage reimbursement of members.Sec. 15.
(1) A member of the county board of commissioners shall receive the compensation and mileage reimbursement fixed by resolution of the county board of commissioners or for a county which has a county officers compensation commission, fixed by a determination of the county officers compensation commission which is not rejected.
(2) The per mile mileage reimbursement fixed by the county board of commissioners or the county officers compensation commission shall not exceed the mileage reimbursement set for state officers as determined by the state officers compensation commission.
(3) Except as provided under subsection (5), changes in compensation shall become effective only after the time members of the county board of commissioners commence their terms of office after a general election, provided that it is voted upon before the commencement of the new terms of office, or for a county which has a county officers compensation commission, after the beginning of the first odd numbered year after the determination is made by the county officers compensation commission and is not rejected.
(4) This section shall not be construed to prohibit a structured change in compensation implemented in phases over the term of office.
(5) A change in compensation under subsections (1) and (3) may be made in 2005 to be effective on or after January 1, 2006.
(6) As used in this section, "compensation" shall not include mileage reimbursement.
History: 1966, Act 261, Eff. Mar. 10, 1967
Am. 1968, Act 153, Imd. Eff. June 13, 1968
Am. 1969, Act 137, Eff. Mar. 20, 1970
Am. 1975, Act 207, Imd. Eff. Aug. 21, 1975
Am. 1978, Act 476, Eff. Dec. 1, 1978
Am. 1980, Act 187, Imd. Eff. July 3, 1980
Am. 2005, Act 20, Imd. Eff. May 5, 2005
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan