ZOOLOGICAL AUTHORITIES ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 49 of 2008
123.1167 Articles of incorporation; preparation; contents; adoption; publication; filing; effect upon filing.Sec. 7.
(1) To initiate the establishment of an authority, articles of incorporation shall be prepared by a majority of the members of the county board of commissioners of the county establishing the authority. The articles of incorporation shall include all of the following:
(a) The name of the authority.
(b) The size of the board of the authority, which shall be composed of an odd number of members and shall not exceed 15 members; the qualifications and terms of office of board members; the manner of appointing the members of the board of the authority; and the filling of vacancies in the office of board member.
(c) The purpose of the authority.
(d) The method of dissolution of the authority.
(e) Any other matters considered advisable.
(2) The articles shall be adopted and may be amended by an affirmative vote of a majority of the members of the county board of commissioners of the county establishing the authority.
(3) Before the articles or amendments to the articles are adopted, the articles or amendments to the articles shall be published not less than once in a newspaper generally circulated within the county. The adoption of articles or amendments to the articles by the county shall be evidenced by an endorsement on the articles or amendments by the clerk of the county.
(4) Upon adoption of the articles or amendments to the articles by the county, a printed copy of the articles or the amended articles shall be filed with the secretary of state by the clerk of the county.
(5) The authority's articles of incorporation, or amendments to the articles, take effect upon filing with the secretary of state.
History: 2008, Act 49, Imd. Eff. Mar. 27, 2008
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan