Section 22-25B-7Fees and penalties.
The costs of administering this chapter by the PSC, ADEM, and ADPH shall be funded from certification fees, permit fees, and regulatory fees paid by the wastewater management entities. All fees and revenue of any kind generated as a result of the operation of this chapter shall be deposited to the credit of the PSC, ADEM, and ADPH as set forth below, and shall be continuously appropriated to the PSC, ADPH, and ADEM to implement and administer this chapter as follows:
(1) The PSC is authorized to charge and collect from the wastewater management entity a fee for the processing and review of applications for and issuance of certifications as may be established by rules of the PSC.
(2) The ADPH is authorized to charge and collect from any wastewater management entity applying for a permit a fee as established by rules of the State Board of Health.
(3) The ADEM is authorized to charge and collect from any wastewater management entity applying for a permit a fee as established by rules of ADEM.
(4) In addition to any permit fee collected by either ADEM or ADPH, the departments are authorized to collect from each certified wastewater management entity, and each certified wastewater management entity shall pay to either ADPH or ADEM according to the department's jurisdiction as set out in this chapter, a regulatory fee in the amount of four percent of annual gross receipts, payable quarterly on the wastewater systems each regulates.
(5) Any fees authorized pursuant to this chapter shall be limited to the amount necessary to carry out the activities required in this chapter.
(Act 2009-773, p. 2388, §2.)