Section 2-2-112Advisory Commission on Public Interest Energy and Fuel Research and Development Grant.
(a) There is hereby created the Advisory Commission on Public Interest Energy and Fuel Research and Development Grants, hereinafter referred to as the advisory commission, which shall advise the commissioner regarding the distribution of any funds available in the Public Interest Energy and Fuel Research and Development Grant Fund established in Section 2-2-114. The advisory commission shall be composed of the following members:
(1) The Chair of the Permanent Joint Legislative Committee on Energy Policy, who shall serve as chair.
(2) The Lieutenant Governor or his or her designee.
(3) The Speaker of the House of Representatives or his or her designee.
(4) The President of the Public Service Commission.
(5) The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(6) The President Pro Tempore of the Senate or his or her designee.
(7) One member appointed by the Senate Black Caucus.
(8) One member appointed by the House of Representatives Black Caucus.
(9) The Governor or his or her designee.
(b) In addition to the members provided in subsection (a), the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the President of the Public Service Commission, and the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries shall each appoint a member to the commission who is not a member of the Legislature.
(c) The membership of the commission shall be inclusive and reflect the racial, gender, geographic, urban/rural, and economic diversity of the state.
(d) The advisory commission shall meet at least once each quarter.
(e) Members of the advisory commission may participate in a meeting by means of conference telephone, video conference, or similar communications equipment by means of which all persons participating in the meeting may hear each other at the same time. Participation by such means shall constitute presence in person at a meeting for all purposes, including the establishment of a quorum. Telephone or video conference or similar communications equipment shall also allow members of the public the opportunity to simultaneously listen to or observe the meetings.
(f) The advisory commission members shall serve without compensation.
(Act 2012-527, p. 1564, §3.)