As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) AGRICULTURE. The art or science of cultivating the ground and raising and harvesting crops, including also feeding, breeding, and management of livestock and poultry; tillage; husbandry; or farming. The following items or areas fall within the definition of agriculture: Tree farming; raising horticultural products in commercial greenhouses and nurseries; fruit and nut trees, whether or not in groves or orchards; vegetable gardens, whether or not on farms; livestock farming; dairy farming; commercial fish ponds; commercial sod farms; and poultry and egg farming.
(2) COUNCIL. The Alabama Propane Education and Research Council created pursuant to Section 9-17-175.
(3) EDUCATION. Any action to provide information regarding propane and the use of propane to consumers and members of the propane gas industry.
(4) ODORIZED PROPANE. Propane which has an odorant added to it.
(5) PROPANE. Hydrocarbon whose chemical composition is predominately C3H8, whether recovered from natural gas or crude oil, and includes liquefied petroleum gases and mixtures thereof.
(6) PROPANE GAS INDUSTRY. Those persons involved in the production, transportation, and sale of propane.
(7) PUBLIC MEMBER. A member of the council, other than a representative of wholesalers or retail marketers, representing significant users of propane, public safety officials, state regulatory officials, or other groups knowledgeable about propane.
(8) QUALIFIED INDUSTRY ORGANIZATION. The Alabama Propane Gas Association or its successor.
(9) RESEARCH. Any type of study, investigation, or other activities designed to advance the image, desirability, usage, marketability, and efficient use of propane gas and to further the development and distribution of the information.
(10) RETAIL MARKETER. A person engaged primarily in the sale of odorized propane gas to the end user or to retail propane dispensers.
(11) RETAIL PROPANE DISPENSER. A person who sells odorized propane to the end user but is not engaged primarily in the business of the sales.
(12) WHOLESALER. A company engaged primarily in the sale of odorized propane gas to the retail marketer or to the end user.
(Act 2009-580, p. 1707, §2.)