Section 45-29-90.05Powers, duties, and functions of authority.
(a) The general powers, duties, and functions of the authority shall be as follows:
(1) Shall have perpetual succession in its corporate name.
(2) May sue and be sued in its corporate name.
(3) May adopt, use, and alter a corporate seal, which shall be judicially noticed.
(4) May enter into such contracts and cooperative agreements with federal, state, and local governments, with agencies of such governments, and with private individuals, corporations, associations, and other organizations whether organized under the laws of Alabama or of another state, as the board may deem necessary or convenient to enable it to carry out the purposes of this article.
(5) May adopt, amend, and repeal bylaws.
(6) May appoint managers, officers, employees, attorneys, and agents as the board deems necessary for the transaction of its business, fix their compensation, define their duties, and require bonds of such of them as the board may determine, the salaries of any such employees to be paid out of such funds as may be available to the authority from any source.
(b) The authority may institute legal proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction and proper venue; provided, that the authority may not be sued or subjected to a counterclaim, cross-claim, setoff, or recoupment in any court other than the courts of Fayette County, Alabama; and provided, further, that the officers, directors, agents, and employees of the authority may not be sued or subjected to a counterclaim, cross-claim, setoff, or recoupment for actions in behalf of the authority in any court other than the courts of Fayette County, Alabama. No claim or cause of action, based wholly or in part upon allegations which call into question the validity of the authority, shall be heard or adjudicated in any court other than the courts of Fayette County, Alabama.
(Act 91-277, p. 517, §6.)