For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the meaning respectively ascribed to them by this section, unless the context clearly provides for another:
(1) DENTIST. Any person who is a dentist or dental practitioner pursuant to the definition of Section 6-5-481, as amended.
(2) PHARMACIST. Any person who is a pharmacist as defined in Section 34-23-1, as amended, and pharmacy externs and interns registered by the Board of Pharmacy under Rule 680-X-2-.16 of the Alabama Administrative Code.
(3) BOARDS. Individually and/or jointly: The Board of Dental Examiners and the Board of Pharmacy.
(4) COMMITTEE. The Alabama Impaired Professionals' Committee.
(5) HYGIENIST. Any person who is a hygienist pursuant to the provisions of Sections 34-9-26 and 34-9-27.
(Acts 1988, No. 88-334, p. 505, §1; Acts 1989, No. 89-860, p. 1713, §1.)