LAND RECLAMATION AND IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 173 of 1992
125.2463 Authority board; quorum; annual meeting; special meeting; compliance with open meetings act; writings.
(1) A quorum of the authority board consists of a majority of the members of the authority board elected or appointed and serving.
(2) The authority board shall hold an annual meeting within 30 days after the close of a fiscal year of the authority. The fiscal year of the authority shall be the same as the fiscal year of the township in which the authority district is located or, if the authority district is located in 2 townships with different fiscal years, the fiscal year of the township in which the greater portion of the authority district is located.
(3) The director of the authority, if a director is appointed under section 15, or a member of the authority board may call a special meeting of the authority board by giving written notice of the time, date, place, and purpose of the special meeting to each member of the authority board not less than 14 or more than 28 days before the date of the meeting either personally or by certified mail. Two members of the authority board may reschedule a special meeting by jointly giving notice of a later time and date that is not more than 7 days after the date for which the original meeting is scheduled to every other member of the authority board. The notice of the rescheduling shall be given before the time for which the original meeting is scheduled by certified mail, return receipt requested, telephone, facsimile communication, or personal delivery.
(4) By attending a special meeting, a member of the authority board waives objections to both of the following:
(a) Lack of notice or defective notice of the special meeting, unless, at the beginning of the meeting, the member of the authority board objects to holding the meeting or transacting business at the meeting.
(b) Consideration of a matter at a meeting that is not within the purpose described in the meeting notice, unless, when the matter is presented, the member of the authority board objects to considering the matter.
(5) The business which the authority board may perform shall be conducted at a public meeting of the authority board held in compliance with the open meetings act, Act No. 267 of the Public Acts of 1976, being sections 15.261 to 15.275 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
(6) A writing prepared, owned, used, in possession of, or retained by the authority in the performance of an official function is subject to the freedom of information act, Act No. 442 of the Public Acts of 1976, being sections 15.231 to 15.246 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
History: 1992, Act 173, Imd. Eff. July 21, 1992
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan