Section 29-2-274Advisory subcommittees.
(a) The chair and vice chair of the committee shall jointly create and appoint members to advisory subcommittees, as provided in subsection (b), which shall include members of the committee, representatives from governmental agencies, and members of the public with interest and expertise in the objectives of the committee. The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries, or his or her designee, shall be a member of each advisory subcommittee created. Each advisory subcommittee shall be cochaired by one legislative member of the advisory committee and one private sector member or governmental entity member having significant knowledge, experience, and expertise in the subject or subjects the subcommittee is responsible for studying. Private sector cochairs of the advisory committees shall reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, geographic, urban/rural, and economic diversity of the state. The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs may make recommendations to the chair and vice chair of the committee for the appointment of members to each advisory subcommittee.
(b) The advisory subcommittees of the committee shall be as follows:
(1) Biofuels and Alternative Fuels Subcommittee.
(2) Efficiency and Conservation Subcommittee.
(3) Environmental Issues Subcommittee.
(4) Infrastructure and Expansion Subcommittee.
(5) Renewable Power and Electric Generation Subcommittee.
(6) Research and Development Subcommittee.
(7) Technology and Communications Subcommittee.
(8) The Incentives Subcommittee.
(Act 2010-232, p. 419, §5.)