Whenever used in this article, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) NOTICE BY PUBLICATION. Unless otherwise specified, such notice shall consist of publication once in each of three consecutive weeks (three insertions) in some newspaper having general circulation in the county or counties wherein the land in the water management district is located, the last insertion to be made at least 15 days prior to the date fixed for the hearing of said notice, and it shall not be necessary that the publication shall be made on the same day in each of the three weeks, but not less than 14 days, excluding the day of the first publication, shall intervene between the first publication and the last publication. When a district includes lands in two or more counties, such notice shall be published in each county, and it will be sufficient to set out only the lands in the county in which the notice is published. If there is no newspaper published in the county in which the lands included within a water management district are situated, then such publication shall be made in a newspaper published in an adjoining county. It shall not be necessary for a notice to name the parties interested, and said notice shall have all the force and effect of a summons served personally on those owning lands within the district.
(2) COURT. Unless some other court is specifically designated, such term shall be construed to mean court of probate.
(3) BOARD OF WATER MANAGEMENT COMMISSIONERS or BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS. The board of water management commissioners.
(4) VIEWERS. The board of viewers.
(5) PERSON. Any individual, partnership, stock company or corporation.
(6) DISTRICT. Water management district.
(7) SWAMP and OVERFLOWED LANDS. Such terms shall not be construed to apply alone to the present classification of lands under the laws of this state, but shall extend to and include all lands that need drainage or protection from overflow, regardless of former classification.
(8) LANDOWNER. Any property owner who owns partial or full interest in lands in the benefited area or any property owner who owns partial or full interest in over 10 acres of land outside the benefited area within the district.
(Acts 1965, No. 685, p. 1246, §51.)