Section 45-8-22.01Legislative intent; disposition of funds.
(a) The Legislature of Alabama finds and declares that it is the intent of the Legislature that the provisions of this section clarify but not change existing law and supplement existing law, by clarifying and showing the intent of the Legislature in, but not changing, Act 2001-361, 2001 Regular Session, and supplementing Act 2001-361, 2001 Regular Session, concerning the distribution of the proceeds of the Calhoun County portion of the levelized excise tax on beer levied pursuant to Chapter 3 of Title 28.
(b) The Calhoun County portion of the proceeds of the levelized state excise tax on beer levied pursuant to Chapter 3 of Title 28, shall be collected by the Calhoun County Judge of Probate and paid to the Calhoun County Commission. All of the tax proceeds shall be distributed by the Calhoun County Commission as follows:
(1) The first one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500) of the proceeds each month shall be deposited in the county general fund to cover the administrative and enforcement expenses of the tax.
(2) One hundred sixty thousand dollars ($160,000) of the remaining proceeds shall be paid during each fiscal year, commencing October 1 of a year and ending September 30 of the succeeding year, in equal monthly payments to the Calhoun County Economic Development Council, which may share any portion thereof with the Anniston-Calhoun County Fort McClellan Redevelopment Joint Powers Authority.
(3) Out of the remaining beer tax proceeds after the distributions provided for in subdivisions (1) and (2) of this subsection, an amount equal to the total amount of beer tax proceeds distributed to the following entities during the October 1, 1994, to September 30, 1995, fiscal year, or the entire amount of remaining proceeds if insufficient proceeds remain to provide the full allocation, shall be distributed as follows:
a. Two-thirds of the proceeds, in any fiscal year commencing on October 1 of any year and ending September 30 of the succeeding fiscal year, shall be distributed monthly to the custodian of county school funds who shall each month allocate the proceeds according to the final distribution percentages for the Foundation Program for the October 1, 1994, to September 30, 1995, fiscal year, so that if there are adequate beer tax proceeds each school system in the county shall receive a share of the proceeds which is not less than the share which the school system received from beer tax proceeds during the October 1, 1994, to September 30, 1995, fiscal year.
b. One-third of the proceeds, in any fiscal year commencing on October 1 of any year and ending September 30 of the succeeding fiscal year, shall be distributed monthly to municipalities as follows:
1. Anniston, 24 percent.
2. Jacksonville, 18 percent.
3. Oxford, 17 percent.
4. Piedmont, 17 percent.
5. Hobson City, eight percent.
6. Ohatchee, eight percent.
7. Weaver, eight percent.
(4) Any remaining proceeds after the funds are distributed pursuant to subdivisions (1) through (3) shall be distributed as follows:
a. The first twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000), or any portion thereof, to the Anniston Museum Complex.
b. The next one hundred fifty thousand dollars ($150,000), or any portion thereof, to the Calhoun County Economic Development Council.
c. Any remaining proceeds thereafter shall be distributed pursuant to the formula outlined in paragraphs a. and b. of subdivision (3).
(c) All distributions of the proceeds from the excise tax on beer by the Calhoun County Commission prior to October 1, 1995, are ratified, validated, and confirmed.
(Act 2001-910, 3rd Sp. Sess., p. 763, §§1-3.)