MICHIGAN AMBER ALERT ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 712 of 2002
28.755 Michigan Amber alert fund.Sec. 5.
(1) The Michigan Amber alert fund is created in the department to provide funds for the maintenance, operation, and administration of the Michigan Amber alert plan. The department shall be the administrator of the fund for auditing purposes.
(2) The state treasurer shall credit to the fund all amounts appropriated for this purpose under section 435 of the income tax act of 1967, 1967 PA 281, MCL 206.435, and money from any other source for deposit into the fund.
(3) The state treasurer shall direct the investment of the fund. The fund shall consist of the money credited to the fund pursuant to section 435 of the income tax act of 1967, 1967 PA 281, MCL 206.435, any interest and earnings accruing from the saving and investment of that money, and money from any other source.
(4) Money in the fund at the close of the year shall remain in the fund and shall not lapse to the general fund.
(5) The money, interest, and earnings of the fund shall be expended solely for the purposes described in this act. The money in the fund that is available for distribution shall be appropriated each year. Money granted or received as a gift or donation to the fund is available for distribution upon appropriation.
(6) As used in this section:
(a) "Department" means the department of state police.
(b) "Fund" means the Michigan Amber alert fund.
History: Add. 2013, Act 91, Imd. Eff. June 28, 2013
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan