The words and phrases hereinafter set forth, wherever used in this article, shall have the respective meanings hereinafter ascribed to them:
(1) 1969 DOCKS AMENDMENT. Amendment 288 of the Constitution of Alabama.
(2) 1967 DOCKS AMENDMENT. Amendment 274 of the Constitution of Alabama.
(3) 1957 DOCKS AMENDMENT. Amendment 116 of the Constitution of Alabama.
(4) THE STATE. The State of Alabama.
(5) THE DEPARTMENT. The Alabama State Docks Department and any department or agency of the state that may succeed to its duties.
(6) FACILITIES. Elevators, warehouses, docks, water and rail terminals, wharves, piles, quays, compresses, storm haven facilities for all types of watercraft, channels between navigable waterways of the state for the purpose of connecting such waterways and aiding the use thereof, and other related structures, facilities and improvements, that may be needed for the convenient use of the same.
(7) 1957 DOCKS ACT. Article 1 of this chapter.
(8) 1959 DOCKS ACT. Article 2 of this chapter.
(9) 1961 DOCKS ACT. Article 3 of this chapter.
(10) 1963 DOCKS ACT. Article 4 of this chapter.
(11) 1967 DOCKS ACT. Article 5 of this chapter.
(12) THE BONDS. Those issued hereunder.
(13) UNIT OF DEVELOPMENT. Any one or more facilities acquired pursuant to the provisions of either this article or the 1957 Docks Act, the 1959 Docks Act, the 1961 Docks Act, the 1963 Docks Act, or the 1967 Docks Act, which may be designated by the department as a unit of development for the purpose of this article; provided, that several facilities may be together designated as one unit of development only if they are contiguous to each other or closely related for the purposes of use and operation.
(14) FISCAL YEAR. The fiscal year of the department.
(15) INLAND FACILITIES. All facilities at any time acquired or constructed pursuant to the provisions of the 1969 Docks Amendment, the 1967 Docks Amendment or the 1957 Docks Amendment.
(16) OPERATING DEFICIT OF THE INLAND FACILITIES. The sum, if any there be, by which the gross revenues derived from the operation of the inland facilities during any fiscal year may be exceeded by the total of all expenses, excluding any deductions for depreciation, incurred during the same fiscal year in the operation of the inland facilities and in the maintenance thereof in good operating condition.
(17) PORT OF MOBILE FACILITIES. The facilities of all kinds known as the state docks owned by the state and operated by the department at the Port of Mobile.
(18) SURPLUS REVENUES OF THE PORT OF MOBILE FACILITIES. The gross revenues derived from operating the Port of Mobile facilities remaining at the end of any fiscal year after there shall have been deducted therefrom all expenses (excluding any deductions for depreciation), incurred during the same fiscal year in the operation of the Port of Mobile facilities and the maintenance thereof in good operating condition, and all payments required to be made during such fiscal year in order to comply with: a. sinking fund requirements for the Alabama harbor improvement bonds at the time outstanding which were heretofore issued by the state for the development of the Port of Mobile facilities, b. the obligations and agreements on the part of the department under any lease agreement at the time in effect which may have theretofore been made by the department for the rental of facilities located or for use at the Port of Mobile, and c. the obligations and agreements on the part of the department which may have been made in any order of the department providing for issuance of any securities at the time outstanding which were theretofore issued by the department or by the state and for the payment of which revenues from the Port of Mobile facilities were pledged.
The definitions herein set forth include both the singular and the plural.
(Acts 1969, No. 472, p. 917, §1.)