THE MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 431 of 1984
18.1372 Adjustment of allotments; withholding payment; limitation on payments; open-end appropriations; reduction or adjustment of allotments; report of action taken; directives for allotment of appropriations.
(1) Allotments may be adjusted by the state budget director as requested by a department, subject to the considerations in section 371(2).
(2) A payment which would exceed an allotment balance may be withheld by order of the state budget director. Payments shall not exceed the total periodic allotments for the fiscal year.
(3) For open-end appropriations, a continuing allotment may be approved by the state budget director or the state budget director may require the state agency to submit requests for periodic allotments.
(4) Allotments may be reduced or adjusted by the state budget director as a result of implementing measures of administrative efficiency, including the abolishment of positions by appointing authorities. An action taken under this section shall be reported to the appropriations committees and the fiscal agencies within 15 days after the action is taken.
(5) The state budget director may issue directives for the allotment of appropriations.
History: 1984, Act 431, Eff. Mar. 29, 1985
Am. 1988, Act 504, Imd. Eff. Dec. 29, 1988
Am. 1999, Act 8, Imd. Eff. Mar. 22, 1999
Popular Name: Act 431
Popular Name: DMB
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan