ENHANCED DRIVER LICENSE AND ENHANCED OFFICIAL STATE PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 23 of 2008
28.307 Enhanced driver license and enhanced official state personal identification card fund; creation; disposition of money and assets; investment; money remaining at close of fiscal year; secretary of state as administrator; expenditure.Sec. 7.
(1) The enhanced driver license and enhanced official state personal identification card fund is created within the state treasury.
(2) The state treasurer may receive money or other assets from any source for deposit into the fund. The state treasurer shall direct the investment of the fund.
(3) Money in the fund at the close of the fiscal year shall remain in the fund and shall not lapse to the general fund.
(4) The secretary of state shall be the administrator of the fund for auditing purposes.
(5) The secretary of state shall expend money from the fund, upon appropriation, to pay the necessary expenses incurred by the secretary of state in the administration and enforcement of this act.
History: 2008, Act 23, Imd. Eff. Mar. 13, 2008
Compiler's Notes: Former MCL 28.301 to 28.317, deriving from Act 114 of 1939 and pertaining to kerosene inspection, were repealed by Act 47 of 1952.
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan