The following words, when used in this article, shall have the following meanings, unless otherwise clearly apparent from the context:
(1) COMMISSION. The Public Service Commission of Alabama.
(2) PERSON. Such term shall include any individual, partnerships, corporations, companies, associations, administrators, executors, trustees and receivers appointed by any court whatsoever.
(3) RADIO UTILITY. Any person or organization which owns, controls, operates or manages a radio utility system; except, that such definition shall not include a telephone utility or telegraph utility regulated by the commission.
(4) RADIO UTILITY SYSTEM. A system employing any facility within this state to offer a radio service on a for-hire basis to the members of the public who subscribe to such service, and which is operated under such circumstances as would require a license by the Federal Communications Commission as a miscellaneous common carrier in the domestic land mobile radio services.
(5) FACILITY. Such term shall include all real property, stations, antennae, radios, receivers, transmitters, instruments, appliances, fixtures and other personal property used by a radio utility in providing service to its subscribers.
(Acts 1971, No. 1595, p. 2733, §2.)