The following words and phrases used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, shall have the following respective meanings:
(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) BONDS. The bonds issued under the provisions of this chapter.
(3) COUNTY BOARD(S) OF HEALTH. County board(s) of health provided for in Chapter 3 of Subtitle 1 of Title 22.
(4) DIRECTORS. The board of directors of the authority.
(5) GOVERNMENT SECURITIES. Any bonds or other obligations which as to principal and interest constitute direct obligations of, or are unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America, including obligations of any federal agency to the extent such obligations are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America and any certificates or any other evidences of an ownership interest in such obligation of, or unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America or in specified portions thereof (which may consist of the principal thereof or the interest thereon).
(6) PERMITTED INVESTMENTS. (i) Government securities; (ii) bonds, debentures, notes or other evidences of indebtedness issued by any of the following agencies: Bank for Cooperatives; Federal Intermediate Credit Banks; Federal Financing Bank; Federal Home Loan Banks; Federal Farm Credit Bank; Export-Import Bank of the United States; Federal Land Banks, or Farmers Home Administration or any other agency or corporation which has been or may hereafter be created by or pursuant to an act of the Congress of the United States as an agency or instrumentality thereof; (iii) bonds, notes, pass through securities or other evidences of indebtedness of Government National Mortgage Association and participation certificates of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation; (iv) full faith and credit obligations of any state, provided that at the time of purchase such obligations are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Corporation and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service; (v) public housing bonds issued by public agencies or municipalities and fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by contracts with the United States of America, or temporary notes, preliminary notes or project notes issued by public agencies or municipalities, in each case fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by a requisition or payment agreement with the United States of America; (vi) time deposits evidenced by certificates of deposit issued by banks or savings and loan associations which are members of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, provided that, to the extent such time deposits are not covered by federal deposit insurance, such time deposits (including interest thereon) are fully secured by a pledge of obligations described in clauses (i), (ii), (iii), and (v) above, which at all times have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) not less than the amount of such bank time deposits required to be so secured and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Corporation for structured financings, (vii) repurchase agreements for obligations of the type specified in clauses (i), (ii), (iii), and (v) above, provided such repurchase agreements are fully collateralized and secured by such obligations which have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to the purchase price of such repurchase agreements, which are held by a depository satisfactory to the State Treasurer in such manner as may be required to provide a perfected security interest in such obligations, and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard & Poor's Corporation for structured financings; and (viii) uncollateralized investment agreements with, or certificates of deposit issued by, banks or bank holding companies, the senior long-term securities of which are rated at least "AA" by Standard & Poor's Corporation and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service.
(7) PUBLIC HEALTH FACILITIES. Land, buildings, other improvements to realty, machinery, equipment and any other property of a similar nature which is or may be used by or useful to the State Board of Health or any county board of health in providing the public health services for which provision is made in Chapter 3 of Subtitle 1 of Title 22, and includes alterations, modifications, improvements to and equipment for facilities now owned or operated by the State Board of Health or any county board of health.
(8) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(9) STATE BOARD OF HEALTH. The State Board of Health provided for in Chapter 2 of Subtitle 1 of Title 22.
The definitions hereinabove set forth shall be deemed applicable whether the words defined are used in the singular or the plural. Any pronoun or pronouns used herein shall be deemed to include both the singular and the plural and to cover all genders.
(Acts 1990, No. 90-598, §2.)