ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN AFFAIRS COMMISSION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 536 of 2008
37.127 Bylaws; meetings; quorum; voting; compensation; administrative services; staff.Sec. 7.
(1) Within 90 days after appointment and confirmation of all members, the commission shall adopt bylaws for the operation of the commission. The bylaws shall include, at a minimum, voting procedures and minimum requirements for attendance at meetings.
(2) The commission shall hold regular quarterly meetings at places and on dates as determined by the commission. Special meetings may be called by the chairperson or by not fewer than 8 commission members on 3 business days' actual notice.
(3) A majority of the commission members appointed and serving constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at a meeting of the commission. Official action by the commission shall be only by affirmative vote of a majority of the commission members appointed and serving. A commission member shall not vote by proxy.
(4) The legislature annually shall fix the per diem compensation of members of the commission. Expenses of members incurred in the performance of official duties shall be reimbursed as provided by law for state employees.
(5) The department shall furnish administrative services to the commission and shall provide secretarial and other staff necessary to allow the proper exercise of the powers and duties of the commission. The department shall provide adequate office space to the commission. The department shall make available the times and places of commission meetings and keep minutes of the meetings and a record of the actions of the commission.
(6) The department shall assign professional employees to staff the commission to assist the commission in the performance of its substantive responsibilities under this act.
History: 2008, Act 536, Imd. Eff. Jan. 13, 2009
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan