Section 16-33C-8Additional PACT duties of board.
In addition to any other requirements of this chapter, the PACT board shall:
(1) Make available summary information on the financial condition of the PACT Program to all purchasers of PACT contracts.
(2) Prepare, or cause to be prepared, an annual report of the PACT Program, including details regarding the actuarial soundness of the program, and transmit a copy of same to the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Such report shall be submitted not later than the fifth legislative day of the regular legislative session. Additionally, such report shall be presented during annual legislative budget hearings.
(3) Make all necessary and appropriate arrangements with colleges and universities in order to fulfill its obligations under PACT contracts.
(4) Submit, before any PACT-related investment or administrative contract is duly executed, a request for proposals (RFP).
(5) Require, before any PACT-related investment or administrative contract is duly executed, such contract to be approved by a majority vote of the PACT board.
(6) Prepare, or cause to be prepared, a quarterly report detailing the current projected funding status of the PACT Program, with a copy of such report transmitted to the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(7) Establish specific investment guidelines that include failsafe measures designed to limit future susceptibility of PACT investments to extreme market fluctuations.
(Acts 1989, No. 89-862, p. 1717, §8; Acts 1990, No. 90-570, p. 970, §1; Acts 1997, No. 97-547, p. 957, §1; Act 2001-427, p. 544, §1; Act 2010-725, p. 1800, §7.)