Section 8-26A-14Prohibited conduct.
(a) An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student-athlete to enter into an agency contract, may not do any of the following:
(1) Give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation.
(2) Furnish, directly or indirectly, any thing of value to a student-athlete before the student-athlete enters into the agency contract.
(3) Furnish, directly or indirectly, any thing of value to any individual other than the student-athlete or another registered athlete agent.
(b) An athlete agent may not intentionally do any of the following:
(1) Initiate contact with a student-athlete unless registered under this chapter.
(2) Refuse to permit inspection of the records required to be retained by Section 8-26A-13.
(3) Fail to register when required by Section 8-26A-4.
(4) Provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration.
(5) Predate or postdate an agency contract.
(c) An athlete agent may not fail to notify a student-athlete before the student-athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication may make the student-athlete ineligible to participate as a student-athlete in that sport.
(d) A student-athlete or former student-athlete may not do either of the following:
(1) Fail to give the notification to the athletic director of the educational institution at which the student-athlete or former student-athlete is enrolled that he or she has entered into an agency contract.
(2) Accept anything from an athlete agent without first entering into a contract in conformity with this chapter.
(Act 2001-701, p. 1494, §1.)