Section 36-26-6State Personnel Board - Meetings; powers and duties generally.
(a) The board shall hold regular meetings at least once each month and may hold such additional meetings as may be required for the proper discharge of its duties.
(b) It shall be the duty of the board as a body:
(1) To adopt and amend, after public hearings, rules and regulations for the administration of this article as provided in Section 36-26-9;
(2) To adopt, modify or reject, after public hearings, such classification and compensation plans for the state service, together with rules for their administration, as may be recommended by the director after a thorough survey of the personnel and departmental organizations included in such plan or plans;
(3) To make investigations, either on petition of a citizen, taxpayer or interested party or of its own motion, concerning the enforcement and effect of this article and to require observance of its provisions and the rules and regulations made pursuant thereto;
(4) To conduct hearings and to render decisions, as provided in Section 36-26-27, on charges preferred against persons in the classified service;
(5) To make such investigations as may be requested by the Governor or the Legislature and to report thereon;
(6) To consider and act on such matters as may be referred to the board by the director;
(7) To represent the public interest in the improvement of personnel administration in the state service; and
(8) To advise and assist the director in fostering the interest of institutions of learning and of civic, professional and employee organizations in the improvement of personnel standards in the state service.
(Acts 1939, No. 58, p. 68, §6; Code 1940, T. 55, §297.)