Section 41-23-29Powers and duties of department.
The department shall administer the provisions of this article and shall have the following powers and duties in addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this article and in other laws of this state:
(1) To monitor the implementation and operation of this article and conduct a continuing evaluation of the progress made in the enterprise zones.
(2) To assist the governing authority of an enterprise zone in obtaining assistance from the federal government, including the possible suspension of federal regulations within the enterprise zone.
(3) To assist the governing authority of an enterprise zone in obtaining assistance from any other department of state government, including assistance in providing training, technical assistance, and wage subsidies to new businesses and small businesses within an enterprise zone.
(4) To assist any employer or prospective employer within an enterprise zone in obtaining the benefits of any incentive or inducement program authorized by Alabama law.
(5) To submit an annual written report evaluating the effectiveness of the program and any suggestions for legislation to the Governor and the Legislature no later than the third day of each regular session.
(6) To promulgate rules and regulations to effectuate this article, in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(7) To notify each legislator whose district includes any portion of an enterprise zone when the department designates such a zone.
(Acts 1987, No. 87-573, p. 897, §10.)