§ 54.1-4406. Powers and duties of the Executive Director.
Within the parameters of policies and guidelines established by the Board, the Executive Director shall have the power and duty to:
1. Employ personnel and assistance necessary for the operation of the Board and the purposes of this chapter;
2. Make and enter into all contracts and agreements necessary or incidental to the performance of the duties of the Board and the execution of its powers under this chapter, including, but not limited to, contracts with the United States government, with agencies and governmental subdivisions of the Commonwealth, and with other states;
3. Accept grants from the United States government, its agencies and instrumentalities and any other source, and to these ends, the Board shall have the power to comply with conditions and execute agreements that are necessary, convenient, or desirable;
4. Serve as the secretary of the Board;
5. Maintain all records of the Board;
6. Collect and account for all fees and deposit them into the Board of Accountancy Fund, from which the expenses of the Board shall be paid;
7. Enforce all statutes and regulations the Executive Director is required to administer;
8. Exercise other powers necessary to function as the sole administrative officer of the Board; and
9. Perform any additional administrative functions prescribed by the Board.
2001, c. 832; 2007, c. 804.