When used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(2) BOARD. The Board of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(3) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(4) PERSON. Any individual, partnership, corporation, association or other business unit.
(5) DEALER. Any person engaged in the business of buying livestock in the State of Alabama for resale, exchange or slaughter and meat packing purposes, either on his own account or as agent for others on a commission basis or otherwise.
(6) LIVESTOCK. Cattle, swine, sheep, goats, equidae, ratites, poultry and catfish.
(Acts 1969, No. 568, p. 1049, §2; Acts 1979, No. 79-774, p. 1376, §3; Acts 1984, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 84-797, p. 207, §1; Acts 1994, No. 94-322, p. 562, §6.)