Section .1200 - Civil Disturbances

Link to law: 14b - public safety/chapter 06 - alcohol law enforcement/subchapter c/14b ncac 06c .1201.html
Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now



(a)  In the event state assistance is deemed necessary by

local officials to assist with riots, mob violence or other civil disturbances,

local government officials should contact the director, deputy directors,

district supervisors, or any available agent.  Local officials should state the

nature of the emergency and the need for state assistance. The agent shall

immediately notify the director.

(b)  If time will permit, an agent should be immediately

assigned to the scene to assess the situation and to inform the director or his

designee as to the existing situation and as to assistance needed.

(c)  The agent assigned to assess the situation shall

ascertain the following:

(1)           whether local authorities have utilized all

of their own forces and are unable to control the situation, or

(2)           whether control of the situation is beyond

the capabilities of the local authorities, or

(3)           whether local authorities are taking

appropriate action.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 18B-500; 143B-10;

Eff. February 1, 1980;

Amended Eff. August 1, 1988; January 1, 1984;

Transferred from 14A NCAC 08H .1201 Eff. June 1, 2013.