Section 41-4-221Duties generally.
The functions, powers and duties of the division of data systems management shall be as follows:
(1) To establish and supervise the administration of such data processing centers deemed necessary to best serve the data processing needs of all agencies.
(2) To provide for the centralization, consolidation and shared use of equipment and services deemed necessary to obtain maximum utilization and efficiency in data processing operations.
(3) To transfer to any data processing center the data processing activities of any agency.
(4) To provide systems design and programming services to all state agencies.
(5) To select and procure by purchase or by lease any and all data processing systems and associated software deemed necessary to best serve the data processing needs of the division.
(6) To conduct data processing studies as deemed necessary and to enter contracts with other agencies, organizations, corporations or individuals to make such studies as are deemed to be necessary.
(7) To prepare contract specifications for equipment and services.
(8) To adopt such rules and regulations deemed necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities imposed by this article.
(Acts 1973, No. 1299, p. 2214, §2; Act 2013-68, p. 138, §10.)