Section 11-80-7Authority of municipalities, counties, public corporations, boards of education, etc., with respect to letters of credit as security for bonds, notes, etc.
Any municipality, county, public corporation, city or county board of education, the State Board of Education, or any other entity organized pursuant to authorization, determination finding or other action by any municipality or municipalities, or county or counties, or the governing body of any one or more thereof, or any public officer or officers of the State of Alabama, is hereby authorized:
(1) To acquire a letter or letters of credit as security for any bonds, notes, warrants, or other evidences of indebtedness or securities;
(2) To pledge such letter or letters for the benefit of such bonds, notes, warrants, or other evidences of indebtedness or securities;
(3) To pay the premium or premiums on such letter or letters from the proceeds of any such bonds, notes, warrants, or other evidences of indebtedness or securities;
(4) To enter into such agreements, contracts, and indentures with respect to such letter or letters as the governing body of the purchaser of the letter or letters shall deem necessary or desirable; and
(5) To grant security with respect to such letter or letters.
(Acts 1982, No. 82-501, p. 831.)