MICHIGAN ZONING ENABLING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 110 of 2006
125.3202 Zoning ordinance; determination by local legislative body; amendments or supplements; notice of proposed rezoning.Sec. 202.
(1) The legislative body of a local unit of government may provide by ordinance for the manner in which the regulations and boundaries of districts or zones shall be determined and enforced or amended or supplemented. Amendments or supplements to the zoning ordinance shall be adopted in the same manner as provided under this act for the adoption of the original ordinance.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), the zoning commission shall give a notice of a proposed rezoning in the same manner as required under section 103.
(3) For any group of adjacent properties numbering 11 or more that is proposed for rezoning, the requirements of section 103(2) and the requirement of section 103(4)(b) that street addresses be listed do not apply to that group of adjacent properties.
(4) An amendment to a zoning ordinance by a city or village is subject to a protest petition under section 403.
(5) An amendment to conform a provision of the zoning ordinance to the decree of a court of competent jurisdiction as to any specific lands may be adopted by the legislative body and the notice of the adopted amendment published without referring the amendment to any other board or agency provided for under this act.
History: 2006, Act 110, Eff. July 1, 2006
Am. 2008, Act 12, Imd. Eff. Feb. 29, 2008
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan