§ 2.2-2631. Powers and duties of Council.
The Council shall have the following powers and duties to:
1. Determine the studies and research to be conducted by the Council;
2. Collect and disseminate information regarding the status of women in the Commonwealth and the nation;
3. Advise the Governor, General Assembly and the Governor's Secretaries on matters pertaining to women in the Commonwealth and the nation;
4. Establish and award scholarships pursuant to regulations and conditions prescribed by the Council;
5. Review and comment on all budgets, appropriation requests and grant applications concerning the Council, prior to their submission to the Secretary of Health and Human Resources or the Governor; and
6. Develop programs and projects on matters pertaining to women in the Commonwealth and the nation through public-private partnerships.
1985, c. 497, § 9-116.1; 2001, c. 844; 2012, c. 502.