As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) AREA OF SALES RESPONSIBILITY. The geographical area, agreed to by the dealer and the manufacturer or the distributor or in the manufacturer and dealer agreement, within which the dealer has the exclusive right to display or sell new recreational vehicles of a particular line-make of the manufacturer or distributor to the retail public.
(2) CAMPING TRAILER. A vehicular unit that is mounted on wheels and constructed with collapsible partial side walls that fold for towing by another vehicle and unfold at the campsite to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.
(3) DEALER. Any person, firm, corporation, or business engaged in the business of selling recreational vehicles to the general public and that maintains a permanent business establishment including a service and repair facility which offers mechanical services for the recreational vehicles it sells.
(4) DISTRIBUTOR. Any person, firm, corporation, or business entity that purchases new recreational vehicles for resale to dealers.
(5) FACTORY CAMPAIGN. An effort on the part of a warrantor to contact recreational vehicle owners or dealers in order to address a part or equipment issue.
(6) FAMILY MEMBER. A spouse or a child, grandchild, parent, sibling, niece, or nephew, or the spouse thereof.
(7) FIFTH WHEEL TRAILER. A vehicular unit, mounted on wheels, designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use and of such size and weight as not to require a special highway movement permit and designed to be towed by a motorized vehicle that contains a towing mechanism that is mounted above or forward of the tow vehicle's rear axle.
(8) LINE-MAKE. A specific series of recreational vehicle products that meets all of the following specifications:
a. Is identified by a common series trade name or trademark.
b. Is targeted to a particular market segment, as determined by the decor, features, equipment, size, weight, and price range.
c. Has lengths and interior floor plans that distinguish the recreational vehicles from other recreational vehicles with substantially the same decor, equipment, features, price, and weight.
d. Belongs to a single, distinct classification of recreational vehicle product type having a substantial degree of commonality in the construction of the chassis, frame, and body.
e. Is a product that the manufacturer and dealer agreement authorizes the dealer to sell.
(9) MANUFACTURER. Any person, firm, corporation, or business entity that engages in the manufacture of recreational vehicles.
(10) MANUFACTURER AND DEALER AGREEMENT. A written agreement or contract entered into between a manufacturer or a distributor and a dealer that fixes the rights and responsibilities of the parties and pursuant to which the dealer sells new recreational vehicles.
(11) MOTOR HOME. A motorized, vehicular unit designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.
(12) PROPRIETARY PART. Any part manufactured by or for and sold exclusively by the manufacturer.
(13) RECREATIONAL VEHICLE. A motor home, travel trailer, fifth wheel trailer, camping trailer, and truck camper.
(14) SUPPLIER. Any person, firm, corporation, or business entity that engages in the manufacturing of recreational vehicle parts, accessories, or components.
(15) TRANSIENT CUSTOMER. A customer who is temporarily traveling through a dealer's area of sales responsibility.
(16) TRAVEL TRAILER. A vehicular unit, mounted on wheels, designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use and of such size and weight as not to require a special highway movement permit when towed by a motorized vehicle.
(17) TRUCK CAMPER. A portable unit, constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, travel, or camping use, consisting of a roof, floor, and sides and designed to be loaded onto and unloaded from the back of a pickup truck.
(18) WARRANTOR. Any person, firm, corporation, or business entity, including any manufacturer or distributor, that provides a written warranty to the consumer in connection with a new recreational vehicle or parts, accessories, or components thereof. The term does not include service contracts, mechanical or other insurance, or extended warranties sold for separate consideration by a dealer or other person not controlled by a manufacturer or distributor.
(Act 2011-636, p. 1529, §2.)