THE MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 431 of 1984
18.1213 "Fund" and "motor vehicle" defined; directives relative to motor vehicles; motor vehicle repair centers and motor pools; creation of motor transport revolving fund; disposition of revenue; assets and liabilities; use of alternative fuels; "alternative fuel" defined.Sec. 213.
(1) As used in this section:
(a) "Fund" means the motor transport revolving fund created in subsection (4).
(b) "Motor vehicle" means a passenger vehicle, van, minibus, bus, truck, tractor, or other motorized vehicle.
(2) The department may issue directives relative to all the following for motor vehicles except for those motor vehicles under the jurisdiction of the state transportation department:
(a) The purchasing, leasing, maintaining, operating, replacing, and disposing of motor vehicles for all state agencies.
(b) The using of state owned motor vehicles for official business.
(c) The establishing of conditions for use of privately owned motor vehicles on official business.
(d) The acquiring of vehicle registration plates.
(e) The maintaining of motor vehicle titles and insurance inventories.
(f) The assigning of motor vehicles, permanently or temporarily, to state agencies and to institutions of higher education.
(g) The establishing of rates to be charged for use of a motor vehicle. The rates shall be reviewed periodically and shall be sufficient to cover the costs of administration and of the acquisition, operation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of motor vehicles.
(h) The displaying of distinctive vehicle registration plates and other external markings on the motor vehicles. The plates and markings shall clearly identify state ownership unless the motor vehicle is used by an elected official, or for an investigative use, or anonymity is essential to properly perform a necessary function of state government as determined by the director.
(3) The department shall establish motor vehicle repair centers and motor pools.
(4) The motor transport revolving fund is hereby created. The revenue received from rates charged pursuant to subsection (2)(g) and revenue which is received from any other source and designated to be credited to the motor transport revolving fund shall be credited to the motor transport revolving fund. The amounts in the fund are continuously appropriated only for administration and the acquisition, lease, operation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of state owned motor vehicles and related capital outlay and equipment.
(5) Assets and liabilities of the motor transport revolving fund shall be considered assets and liabilities of the motor transport revolving fund created by this section.
(6) Not later than January 1, 2007, the director shall install the necessary fueling infrastructure or contract with a supplier to supply alternative fuels at all state motor transport facilities so that all state owned vehicles capable of utilizing alternative fuels are able to use them. As used in this subsection, "alternative fuel" means E85 fuel and biodiesel fuel blends.
History: 1984, Act 431, Eff. Mar. 29, 1985
Am. 2006, Act 269, Imd. Eff. July 7, 2006
Popular Name: Act 431
Popular Name: DMB
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan