section .4000 - CRITERIA AND STANDARDS FOR HOSPICE INPATIENT
FACILITIES AND HOSPICE RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES
10A NCAC 14C .4001 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply to all rules in this
(1) "Bereavement counseling" means counseling
provided to a hospice patient's family or significant others to assist them in
dealing with issues of grief and loss.
(2) "Caregiver" means the person whom the
patient designates to provide the patient with emotional support, physical care,
(3) "Care plan" means a plan as defined in
10A NCAC 13K .0102 of the Hospice Licensing Rules.
(4) "Home-like" means furnishings of a
hospice inpatient facility or a hospice residential care facility as defined in
10A NCAC 13K .1110 or .1204 of the Hospice Licensing Rules.
(5) "Hospice" means any coordinated program
of home care as defined in G.S. 131E-176(13a).
(6) "Hospice inpatient facility" means a
facility as defined in G.S. 131E-176(13b).
(7) "Hospice residential care facility" means
a facility as defined in G.S. 131E-176(13c).
(8) "Hospice service area" means for
residential care facilities, the county in which the hospice residential care
facility will be located and the contiguous counties for which the hospice
residential care facility will provide services.
(9) "Hospice services" means services as
defined in G.S. 131E-201(5b).
(10) "Hospice staff" means personnel as defined
in 10A NCAC 13K .0102 of the Hospice Licensing Rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-177(1);
Temporary Adoption Eff. February 1, 2006;
Eff. November 1, 2006.