Section 41-23-141Advisory board of directors.
(a) There shall also be created within the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs an Alabama Trails Commission Advisory Board which shall advise the commission in the execution of the Alabama Trails Commission's powers and duties under this article. The advisory board of directors shall be composed of the following:
(1) Two Senators appointed by the Lieutenant Governor.
(2) Two members of the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House.
(3) Three members of the Alabama Recreational Trails Advisory Board.
(4) One member representing a university in this state appointed by the Governor.
(5) One member appointed by the State Forestry Commission.
(6) One member appointed by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(7) One member appointed by the State Health Officer.
(8) One member appointed by the Executive Director of the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
(9) One member appointed by the U.S. Forest Service.
(10) One member who shall be a representative of the power industry appointed by the Alabama Power Company and the Tennessee Valley Authority. Membership shall alternate between the Alabama Power Company and the Tennessee Valley Authority every two years.
(11) One member appointed by the Alabama Farmers Federation.
(12) One member appointed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
(13) One member appointed by the Natural Resources Conservation Services.
(b) The term of all Alabama Trails Commission Advisory Board appointees shall be for two years unless otherwise specified. The appointees of the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives may be reappointed for no more than two consecutive terms. The members of the Alabama Trails Commission Advisory Board shall serve until a successor is appointed.
(c) A vacancy on the advisory board shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment. Members whose terms have expired may continue to serve until replaced or reappointed.
(Act 2010-585, p. 1313, §2.)