THE MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 431 of 1984
18.1237 Acquisition, construction, lease purchase, improvement, or demolition of facilities; studies, designs, plans, specifications, and contract documents; employment and duties of architects and professional engineers; quality control; independent testing services; final approval; review by attorney general.
(1) For state agency capital outlay projects or facilities, the department is responsible for development, oversight, review, and approval of program statements, studies, designs, plans, management, specifications, contract documents, construction management, and construction, relative to the acquisition, construction, lease purchase, improvement, demolition, or other capital outlay projects for state agencies for which an appropriation or other authorization has been made.
(2) The department shall approve the award, selection, and employment of architects, professional engineers, construction managers, and other design or construction professional services contractors, subject to section 237b and rules of the department of civil service, to do all of the following:
(a) Prepare program statements, studies, designs, plans, and specifications for the construction of, repairing of, making additions to, remodeling or demolition of, lease purchase of, or acquisition of state facilities.
(b) Administer construction work, including resident inspectors, on-site management, and supervision of construction projects.
(3) The department may obtain independent testing services to provide quality control of work performed on facilities.
(4) Prior to state building authority financing, the department shall provide final approval of the capital outlay project to ensure compliance with the authorized program, plans, and specifications.
(5) The attorney general shall review all standard lease and lease purchase agreement formats and approve any exceptions to the standard formats and may assess a fee for legal services pursuant to an agreement with the department.
History: 1984, Act 431, Eff. Mar. 29, 1985
Am. 1999, Act 8, Imd. Eff. Mar. 22, 1999
Am. 2002, Act 504, Imd. Eff. July 19, 2002
Popular Name: Act 431
Popular Name: DMB
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan