Part I Social rented sector
Chapter I Registered social landlords
1. The register of social landlords.
2. Eligibility for registration.
4. Removal from the register.
5. Criteria for registration or removal from register.
6. Appeal against decision on removal.
Regulation of registered social landlords
7. Regulation of registered social landlords.
Chapter II Disposal of land and related matters
Power of registered social landlord to dispose of land
8. Power of registered social landlord to dispose of land.
Control by Relevant Authority of land transactions
9. Consent required for disposal of land by registered social landlord.
10. Lettings and other disposals not requiring consent of Relevant Authority.
11. Covenant for repayment of discount on disposal.
12. Priority of charge for repayment of discount.
13. Restriction on disposal of houses in National Parks, &c.
14. Treatment of options.
15. Relevant and exempted disposals.
Right of tenant to acquire dwelling
16. Right of tenant to acquire dwelling.
17. Right of tenant to acquire dwelling: supplementary provisions.
Chapter III Grants and other financial matters
Grants and other financial assistance
18. Social housing grants.
19. Land subject to housing management agreement.
20. Purchase grant where right to acquire exercised.
21. Purchase grant in respect of other disposals.
22. Assistance from local authorities.
23. Loans by Public Works Loans Commissioners.
Treatment of disposal proceeds
24. The disposal proceeds fund.
25. Application or appropriation of disposal proceeds.
26. Disposal proceeds: power to require information.
Recovery, &c. of social housing grants
27. Recovery, &c. of social housing grants.
Grants, &c. under earlier enactments
28. Grants under ss.50 to 55 of the Housing Act 1988.
29. Commutation of payments of special residual subsidy.
Chapter IV General powers of the Relevant Authority
30. General power to obtain information.
31. Enforcement of notice to provide information, &c.
32. Disclosure of information to the Relevant Authority.
33. Disclosure of information by the Relevant Authority.
Standards of performance
34. Standards of performance.
35. Information as to levels of performance.
36. Issue of guidance by the Relevant Authority.
37. Powers of entry.
38. Penalty for obstruction of person exercising power of entry.
Insolvency, &c. of registered social landlord
39. Insolvency, &c. of registered social landlord: scheme of provisions.
40. Initial notice to be given to the Relevant Authority.
41. Further notice to be given to the Relevant Authority.
42. Moratorium on disposal of land, &c.
43. Period of moratorium.
44. Proposals as to ownership and management of landlord’s land.
45. Effect of agreed proposals.
46. Appointment of manager to implement agreed proposals.
47. Powers of the manager.
48. Powers of the manager: transfer of engagements.
49. Assistance by the Relevant Authority.
50. Application to court to secure compliance with agreed proposals.
Chapter V Miscellaneous and general provisions
51. Schemes for investigation of complaints.
Orders and determinations
52. General provisions as to orders.
53. General provisions as to determinations.
54. Determinations of the Housing Corporation requiring approval.
Minor and consequential amendments
55. Minor and consequential amendments: Part I.
56. Meaning of “the Relevant Authority”.
57. Definitions relating to industrial and provident societies.
58. Definitions relating to charities.
59. Meaning of “officer” of registered social landlord.
60. Meaning of “subsidiary”.
61. Meaning of “associate”.
62. Members of a person’s family: Part I.
63. Minor definitions: Part I.
64. Index of defined expressions: Part I.
Part II Houses in multiple occupation
65. Making and approval of registration schemes.
66. Registration schemes: control provisions.
67. Registration schemes: special control provisions.
68. Offences in connection with registration schemes.
69. Information requirements in connection with registration schemes.
70. Existing registration schemes.
Other amendments of Part XI of the Housing Act 1985
71. Restriction on notices requiring execution of works.
72. Recovery of expenses of notice requiring execution of works.
73. Duty to keep premises fit for number of occupants.
74. Section 354 direction to be local land charge.
75. Means of escape from fire.
76. Works notices: improvement of enforcement procedures.
77. Codes of practice.
78. Increase of fines, &c.
79. Minor amendments.
Common lodging houses
80. Repeal of Part XII of the Housing Act 1985.
Part III Landlord and Tenant
Chapter I TENANTS’ RIGHTS
81. Restriction on termination of tenancy for failure to pay service charge.
82. Notice under s.146 of the Law of Property Act 1925.
83. Determination of reasonableness of service charges.
84. Right to appoint surveyor to advise on matters relating to service charges.
Appointment of manager
85. Appointment of manager by the court.
86. Appointment of manager: transfer of jurisdiction to leasehold valuation tribunal.
87. Text of Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987, as amended.
88. Period after which acquisition order may be made.
Right of first refusal
89. Application of right of first refusal in relation to contracts.
90. Notice required to be given by landlord making disposal.
91. Offence of failure to comply with requirements of Part I.
92. Procedure for exercise of rights of first refusal.
93. Duty of new landlord to inform tenant of rights.
General legal advice
94. Provision of general legal advice about residential tenancies.
95. Jurisdiction of county courts.
Chapter II Assured tenancies
Assured shorthold tenancies
96. Tenancies which are assured shorthold tenancies.
97. Duty of landlord to provide statement of terms of assured shorthold tenancy.
98. Form of notices under s. 21 of the Housing Act 1988.
99. Restriction on recovery of possession on expiry or termination.
100. Applications for determination of rent: time limit.
Grounds for possession
101. Mandatory possession for non-payment of rent: reduction in arrears required.
102. Recovery of possession where grant induced by false statement.
Assured agricultural occupancies
103. Assured agricultural occupancies: exclusion of tenancies of agricultural holdings and farm business tenancies.
104. Consequential amendments: assured tenancies.
Chapter III Leasehold Reform
Scope of rights
105. Low rent test: nil rateable values.
106. Low rent test: extension of rights.
107. Collective enfranchisement: multiple freeholders.
108. Collective enfranchisement: removal of need for professional valuation of interests to be acquired.
109. Collective enfranchisement: valuation principles.
110. New leases: valuation principles.
111. Satisfaction of residence condition: collective enfranchisement.
112. Satisfaction of residence condition: new leases.
113. Powers of trustees.
114. Minor amendment of section 1(1)(a) of Leasehold Reform Act 1967.
115. Power for leasehold valuation tribunal to determine amount of costs payable under Leasehold Reform Act 1967.
116. Compensation for postponement of termination in connection with ineffective claims.
117. Priority of interests on grant of new lease.
118. Estate management schemes in connection with enfranchisement by virtue of s. 106.
119. Leasehold valuation tribunals: pre-trial review.
Part IV Housing benefit and related matters
120. Payment of housing benefit to third parties.
121. Administration of housing benefit, &c.
122. Functions of rent officers in connection with housing benefit and rent allowance subsidy.
123. Consequential amendments: Part IV.
Part V Conduct of tenants
Chapter I Introductory Tenancies
124. Introductory tenancies.
125. Duration of introductory tenancy.
Proceedings for possession
127. Proceedings for possession.
128. Notice of proceedings for possession.
129. Review of decision to seek possession.
130. Effect of beginning proceedings for possession.
Succession on death of tenant
131. Persons qualified to succeed tenant.
132. Cases where the tenant is a successor.
133. Succession to introductory tenancy.
134. Assignment in general prohibited.
135. Right to carry out repairs.
Provision of information and consultation
136. Provision of information about tenancies.
137. Consultation on matters of housing management.
138. Jurisdiction of county court.
139. Meaning of “dwelling-house”.
140. Members of a person’s family: Chapter I.
141. Consequential amendments: introductory tenancies.
142. Regulations and orders.
143. Index of defined expressions: introductory tenancies.
Chapter II Repossession, &c.: Secure and Assured Tenancies
144. Extension of ground of nuisance or annoyance to neighbours, &c.
145. New ground of domestic violence: secure tenancies.
146. Extension of ground that grant of tenancy induced by false statement.
147. Proceedings for possession or termination.
148. Extension of ground of nuisance or annoyance to adjoining occupiers &c.
149. New ground of domestic violence: assured tenancies.
150. Additional notice requirements: domestic violence.
151. Early commencement of certain proceedings for possession.
Chapter III Injunctions against anti-social behaviour
152. Power to grant injunctions against anti-social behaviour.
153. Power of arrest for breach of other injunctions against anti-social behaviour.
154. Powers of arrest: ex-parte applications for injunctions.
155. Arrest and remand.
156. Remand for medical examination and report.
157. Powers of arrest: supplementary provisions.
158. Interpretation: Chapter III.
Part VI Allocation of housing accommodation
159. Allocation of housing accommodation.
160. Cases where provisions about allocation do not apply.
Eligibility for allocation of housing accommodation
160A. Allocation only to eligible persons
The housing register
161. Allocation only to qualifying persons.
162. The housing register.
163. Operation of housing register.
164. Notification of adverse decision and right to review.
165. Procedure on a review.
Applications for housing accommodation
166. Applications for housing accommodation
The allocation scheme
167. Allocation in accordance with allocation scheme.
168. Information about allocation scheme.
169. Guidance to authorities by the Secretary of State.
170. Co-operation between registered social landlords and local housing authorities.
171. False statements and withholding information.
173. Consequential amendments: Part VI.
174. Index of defined expressions: Part VI.
Part VII Homelessness
Homelessness and threatened homelessness
175. Homelessness and threatened homelessness.
176. Meaning of accommodation available for occupation.
177. Whether it is reasonable to continue to occupy accommodation.
178. Meaning of associated person.
General functions in relation to homelessness or threatened homelessness
179. Duty of local housing authority to provide advisory services.
180. Assistance for voluntary organisations.
181. Terms and conditions of assistance.
182. Guidance by the Secretary of State.
Application for assistance in case of homelessness or threatened homelessness
183. Application for assistance.
184. Inquiry into cases of homelessness or threatened homelessness.
Eligibility for assistance
185. Persons from abroad not eligible for housing assistance.
186. Asylum-seekers and their dependants.
187. Provision of information by Secretary of State.
Interim duty to accommodate
188. Interim duty to accommodate in case of apparent priority need.
189. Priority need for accommodation.
Duties to persons found to be homeless or threatened with homelessness
190. Duties to persons becoming homeless intentionally.
191. Becoming homeless intentionally.
192. Duty to persons not in priority need who are not homeless intentionally.
193. Duty to persons with priority need who are not homeless intentionally.
194. Power exercisable after minimum period of duty under s. 193.
195. Duties in case of threatened homelessness.
196. Becoming threatened with homelessness intentionally.
Duty where other suitable accommodation available
197. Duty where other suitable accommodation available.
Referral to another local housing authority
198. Referral of case to another local housing authority.
199. Local connection.
200. Duties to applicant whose case is considered for referral or referred.
201. Application of referral provisions to cases arising in Scotland.
Right to request review of decision
202. Right to request review of decision.
203. Procedure on a review.
204. Right of appeal to county court on point of law.
204A. Section 204(4): appeals
205. Discharge of functions: introductory.
206. Discharge of functions by local housing authorities.
207. Discharge of functions: provision of accommodation by the authority.
208. Discharge of functions: out-of-area placements.
209. Discharge of interim duties: arrangements with private landlord
210. Suitability of accommodation.
211. Protection of property of homeless persons and persons threatened with homelessness.
212. Protection of property: supplementary provisions.
213. Co-operation between relevant housing authorities and bodies.
213A. Co-operation in certain cases involving children
214. False statements, withholding information and failure to disclose change of circumstances.
215. Regulations and orders.
216. Transitional and consequential matters.
217. Minor definitions: Part VII.
218. Index of defined expressions: Part VII.
Part VIII Miscellaneous and general provisions
219. Directions as to certain charges by social landlords.
220. Directions as to certain charges: supplementary provisions.
221. Exercise of compulsory purchase powers in relation to Crown land.
222. Miscellaneous minor amendments.
223. Offences by body corporate.
224. The Common Council of the City of London.
225. The Isles of Scilly.
226. Corresponding provision for Northern Ireland.
228. Financial provisions.
229. Meaning of “lease” and “tenancy” and related expressions.
230. Minor definitions: general.
233. Short title.
Registered social landlords: regulation
Part I Control of payments to members, &c
Payments by way of gift, dividend or bonus
1.(1) A registered social landlord shall not make a gift...
Payments and benefits to officers and employees, &c.
2.(1) A registered social landlord which is an industrial and...
Maximum amounts payable by way of fees, expenses, &c.
3.(1) The Relevant Authority may from time to time specify...
Part II Constitution, change of rules, amalgamation and dissolution
General power to remove director, trustee, &c.
4.(1) The Relevant Authority may, in accordance with the following...
Restriction on power of removal in case of registered charity
5.(1) The Relevant Authority may make an order under paragraph...
Registered charity: power to appoint new director or trustee
6.(1) The Relevant Authority may by order appoint a person...
Company: power to appoint new director
7.(1) The Relevant Authority may by order appoint a person...
Industrial and provident society: power to appoint new committee member
8.(1) The Relevant Authority may by order appoint a person...
Change of rules, &c. by industrial and provident society
9.(1) This paragraph applies to an industrial and provident society...
Change of objects by certain charities
10.(1) This paragraph applies to a registered social landlord—
Change of memorandum or articles of association of company
11.(1) This paragraph applies to a company registered under the...
Amalgamation and dissolution &c. of industrial and provident society
12.(1) This paragraph applies to an industrial and provident society...
Arrangement, reconstruction, &c. of company
13.(1) This paragraph applies to a company registered under the...
Relevant Authority’s power to petition for winding up
14.(1) The Relevant Authority may present a petition for the...
Transfer of net assets on dissolution or winding up
15.(1) This paragraph applies— (a) where a registered social landlord...
Part III Accounts and audit
General requirements as to accounts and audit
16.(1) The Relevant Authority may from time to time determine...
Appointment of auditors by industrial and provident societies
17.Section 4 of the Friendly and Industrial and Provident Societies...
Accounting and audit requirements for charities
18.(1) A registered social landlord which is a registered charity...
Responsibility for securing compliance with accounting requirements
19.(1) Every responsible person, that is to say, every person...
Part IV Inquiry into affairs of registered social landlords
20.(1) The Relevant Authority may direct an inquiry into the...
Power of appointed person to obtain information
21.(1) A person appointed by the Relevant Authority under paragraph...
Extraordinary audit for purposes of inquiry
22.(1) For the purposes of an inquiry under paragraph 20...
Powers exercisable on interim basis
23.(1) The Relevant Authority may make an order under this...
Powers exercisable as a result of final report or audit
24.(1) Where the Relevant Authority is satisfied, as the result...
Disqualification as officer of registered social landlord.
25.(1) A person is disqualified from being an officer of...
Persons acting as officer while disqualified.
26.(1) A person who acts as an officer of a...
Power to direct transfer of land
27.(1) Where as a result of an inquiry under paragraph...
Availability of powers in relation to registered charities.
28.(1) The Relevant Authority may exercise its powers under paragraphs...
29.The Relevant Authority may not exercise its powers under paragraph...
Social rented sector: housing complaints
Social landlords required to be member of approved scheme
1.(1) A social landlord must be a member of an...
Matters for which scheme must provide
2.(1) A scheme shall not be approved for the purposes...
Approval of scheme, or amendment, and withdrawal of approval
3.(1) An application to the Secretary of State for approval...
Notice to be given of becoming a member of an approved scheme
4.(1) A social landlord who— (a) becomes a member of...
Withdrawal from approved scheme
5.(1) A social landlord wishing to withdraw from membership of...
Register of approved schemes
6.(1) The Relevant Authority shall maintain a register of schemes...
Determinations by housing ombudsman
7.(1) A housing ombudsman under an approved scheme shall investigate...
Publication of determinations, &c.
8.(1) A housing ombudsman under an approved scheme may publish—...
Absolute privilege for communications, &c.
9.For the purposes of the law of defamation absolute privilege...
Appointment and status of housing ombudsman
10.(1) Where an approved scheme provides that it shall be...
Subscriptions payable in respect of approved schemes
11.(1) Members of an approved scheme shall pay a subscription,...
Social rented sector: minor amendments
Finance Act 1981 (c.35)
1.(1) Section 107 of the Finance Act 1981 (stamp duty...
Local Government Finance Act 1982 (c.32)
2.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Housing Associations Act 1985 (c.69)
3.Section 33 of the Housing Associations Act 1985 (recognition of...
4.In section 69(1) of the Housing Associations Act 1985 (power...
5.In section 75(1) of the Housing Associations Act 1985 (general...
6.In Part III of the Housing Associations Act 1985 (general...
7.In section 87 of the Housing Associations Act 1985 (financial...
Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988 (c.1)
8.(1) The Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988 is amended...
Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 (c.43)
9.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Housing Act 1988 (c.50)
10.Section 58 of the Housing Act 1988 (application of Housing...
11.In section 79(2) of the Housing Act 1988 (permitted disposals...
Rights exercisable by surveyor appointed by tenants’ association
1.(1) A surveyor appointed for the purposes of section 84...
Appointment of assistants
2.(1) The surveyor may appoint such persons as he thinks...
Right to inspect documents, &c.
3.(1) The surveyor has a right to require the landlord...
Right to inspect premises
4.(1) The surveyor also has the right to inspect any...
Enforcement of rights by the court
5.(1) If the landlord or other person to whom notice...
Documents held by superior landlord
6.(1) Where a landlord is required by a notice under...
Effect of disposal by landlord
7.(1) Where a notice under paragraph 3 has been given...
Effect of person ceasing to be a relevant person
8.Where a notice under paragraph 3 has been given to...
Text of Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987, as amended
Amendments of Part I of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
Part I Rights of first refusal
The following sections are substituted for sections 5 to 10...
Part II Enforcement by tenants of rights against purchaser
The following sections are substituted for sections 11 to 15...
Part III Enforcement of rights against subsequent purchasers and termination of rights
The following sections replace sections 16 and 17 of the...
Part IV Consequential amendments
1.In section 4(2) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
2.Before section 19 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987,...
3.(1) Section 20(1) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
4.In section 20(2) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987,...
5.In Part III of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
6.In section 52(1) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
7.After section 52 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
8.In section 53(2)(b) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
9.In section 54(4) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
10.In section 60(1) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
11.(1) In Schedule 1 to the Landlord and Tenant Act...
Assured tenancies: schedule inserted after Schedule 2 to the Housing Act 1988
Assured tenancies: consequential amendments
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
1.In section 553(2) of the Housing Act 1985, for paragraph...
Housing Act 1988 (c.50)
2.(1) The Housing Act 1988 shall be amended as follows....
Low rent test: extension of rights
Right to enfranchisement
1.In the Leasehold Reform Act 1967, after section 1A there...
2.(1) In consequence of paragraph 1 above, the Leasehold Reform...
Right to collective enfranchisement
3.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Right to new lease
4.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
5.(1) In Chapter VII of that Part (general), section 94...
Section 107: consequential amendments
1.Chapter I of Part I of the Leasehold Reform, Housing...
2.In section 1(4) (right to acquire additional property satisfied by...
3.(1) Section 9 (the reversioner and other relevant landlords) shall...
4.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
5.(1) Section 11 (right of qualifying tenant to obtain information...
6.(1) Section 13 (notice by qualifying tenants of claim to...
7.(1) Section 19 (effect of notice under section 13 on...
8.(1) Section 21 (reversioner’s counter-notice) shall be amended as follows....
9.(1) Section 26 (application to court where relevant landlords cannot...
10.In section 30 (effect on acquisition of institution of compulsory...
11.(1) Section 34 (conveyance to nominee purchaser) shall be amended...
12.(1) Section 36 (nominee purchaser required to grant leases back...
13.In section 38 (interpretation of Chapter I), in subsection (3),...
14.In Schedule 1 (conduct of proceedings by reversioner on behalf...
15.In that Schedule, after Part I there shall be inserted—...
16.In Schedule 2 (special categories of landlords), in paragraph 1(1),...
17.(1) Part II of Schedule 3 (which makes provision for...
18.(1) Schedule 6 (purchase price payable by nominee purchaser) shall...
19.In Schedule 7 (conveyance to nominee purchaser on enfranchisement), in...
20.(1) Schedule 9 (grant of leases back to former freeholder)...
Compensation for postponement of termination in connection with ineffective claims
Claims under Part I of the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
1.(1) After section 27 of the Leasehold Reform Act 1967...
Claims under Chapter I of Part I of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
2.(1) After section 37 of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and...
Claims under Chapter II of Part I of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
3.(1) After section 61 of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and...
Administration of housing benefit, &c
Administration of housing benefit
1.(1) Section 134 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992...
Administration of council tax benefit
2.In section 138 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992...
3.(1) Section 139 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992...
4.After section 140 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992...
5.(1) The Secretary of State may by order make such...
Housing benefit and related matters: consequential amendments
Rent Act 1977 (c.42)
1.In section 63(7) of the Rent Act 1977 (expenditure on...
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
2.In section 425(2)(b) of the Housing Act 1985 (housing subsidy:...
Social Security Administration Act 1992 (c.5)
3.(1) The Social Security Administration Act 1992 is amended as...
Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (c.28)
4.In section 135(8) of the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban...
Introductory tenancies: consequential amendments
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
1.In section 88(1) of the Housing Act 1985 (cases where...
2.In section 104(2) of the Housing Act 1985 (provision of...
3.After section 115 of the Housing Act 1985 insert— Meaning...
4.In section 117 of the Housing Act 1985 (index of...
5.In Schedule 1 to the Housing Act 1985 (tenancies which...
Arrest for anti-social behaviour: powers of High Court and county court to remand
1.(1) The provisions of this Schedule apply where the court...
Remand in custody or on bail
2.(1) The court may— (a) remand him in custody, that...
3.(1) Where a person is remanded on bail, the court...
4.(1) The court shall not remand a person for a...
5.(1) If the court is satisfied that a person who...
Postponement of taking of recognizance
6.Where under paragraph 2(2)(b) the court fixes the amount in...
Allocation of housing accommodation: consequential amendments
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
1.In section 106 of the Housing Act 1985 (information about...
2.(1) Schedule 1 to the Housing Act 1985 (tenancies which...
Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 (c. 49)
3.(1) Section 9 of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996...
Homelessness: consequential amendments
Local Authority Social Services Act 1970 (c.42)
1.In Schedule 1 to the Local Authority Social Services Act...
Greater London Council (General Powers) Act 1984 (c.xxvii)
2.In section 39 of the Greater London Council (General Powers)...
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
3.In Schedule 1 to the Housing Act 1985 (tenancies which...
Housing (Scotland) Act 1987 (c.26)
4.In section 42 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987 (application...
Part I Housing management
Repeal of Part IV of the Housing Act 1988
1.Part IV of the Housing Act 1988 (change of landlord:...
Payments to encourage local housing authority tenants to move to other accommodation
2.(1) A local housing authority may make payments to or...
Consultation with respect to housing management
3.(1) Part II of the Housing Act 1985 (provision of...
Part II Housing Finance
Housing Revenue Account: directions as to certain matters
4.(1) In Part VI of the Local Government and Housing...
Housing Revenue Account subsidy: final decision on amount
5.(1) In Part VI of the Local Government and Housing...
Abolition of exchequer contributions for agricultural housing
6.(1) No contribution shall be made by the Secretary of...
Part III Orders in relation to property in family and matrimonial proceedings, &c.
Housing Act 1980 (c.51)
7.In section 54(2) of the Housing Act 1980 (prohibition on...
Housing Act 1985 (c.68)
8.(1) Section 39 of the Housing Act 1985 (exempted disposals)...
9.In section 88(2) of the Housing Act 1985 (cases where...
10.In section 89 of the Housing Act 1985 (succession to...
11.In section 90(3) of the Housing Act 1985 (devolution of...
12.In section 91(3) of the Housing Act 1985 (cases where...
13.In section 99B(2) of the Housing Act 1985 (persons qualifying...
14.In section 101(3) of the Housing Act 1985 (rent not...
15.(1) Section 160 of the Housing Act 1985 (exempted disposals...
16.In section 171B(4)(b) of the Housing Act 1985 (extent of...
17.In paragraph 1(2) of Schedule 6A to the Housing Act...
Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 (c.31)
18.In section 4(2) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987...
Housing Act 1988 (c.50)
19.(1) Paragraph 4 of Schedule 11 to the Housing Act...
Part IV Other housing provisions
Abolition of consent requirements for exercise of certain housing powers
20.Section 16 of the Housing Act 1985 (consent requirements for...
Amendments of section 133 of the Housing Act 1988
21.(1) Section 133 of the Housing Act 1988 (consent required...
Abolition of requirements for Treasury consent
22.(1) Any requirement in the following enactments for the consent...
Disposal of dwelling-houses subject to secure tenancies: consultation requirements
23.In section 106A of the Housing Act 1985 (consultation before...
Powers of local housing authorities to acquire land for housing purposes
24.(1) In section 17(2) of the Housing Act 1985 (acquisition...
Housing action trusts
25.(1) In section 63 of the Housing Act 1988 (objects...
Preserved right to buy
26.(1) In section 171B of the Housing Act 1985 (qualifying...
Local authority assistance in connection with mortgages
27.(1) Section 442 of the Housing Act 1985 (agreements by...
28.In section 443 of the Housing Act 1985 (local authority...
29.(1) For section 444 of the Housing Act 1985 (meaning...
30.In paragraph 21(d) of Schedule 13 to the Local Government...
Part I Social rented sector
Part II Houses in multiple occupation
Part III Tenants’ rights
Part IV Assured tenancies
Part V Leasehold reform
Part VI Housing benefit and related matters
Part VII Allocation of housing accomodation
Part VIII Homelessness
Part IX Change of landlord: secure tenants
Part X Consultation with respect to housing management
Part XI Abolition of Exchequer contributions for agricultural housing
Part XII Abolition of certain consent requirements
Part XIII Removal of Treasury consent requirements
Part XIV Local authority assistance in connection with mortgages