Part I The Court of Appeal
1. Leave to appeal etc.
2. Grounds for allowing and dismissing appeals.
3. Abolition of references by Secretary of State.
5. Power to order investigations.
6. Powers exercisable by registrar.
7. Appeals in cases of death.
Part II The Criminal Cases Review Commission
8. The Commission.
References to court
9. Cases dealt with on indictment in England and Wales.
10. Cases dealt with on indictment in Northern Ireland.
11. Cases dealt with summarily in England and Wales.
12. Cases dealt with summarily in Northern Ireland.
13. Conditions for making of references.
14. Further provisions about references.
Investigations and assistance
15. Investigations for Court of Appeal.
16. Assistance in connection with prerogative of mercy.
17. Power to obtain documents etc.
18. Government documents etc. relating to current or old cases.
19. Power to require appointment of investigating officers.
20. Inquiries by investigating officers.
21. Other powers.
22. Meaning of “public body” etc.
Disclosure of information
23. Offence of disclosure.
24. Exceptions from obligations of non-disclosure.
25. Consent to disclosure.
Part III Other Provisions
Powers of magistrates’ courts to rectify mistakes
26. Extension of power of courts in England and Wales.
27. Introduction of power in Northern Ireland.
Compensation for miscarriages of justice
28. Assessment of compensation.
Part IV Supplementary
29. Minor and consequential amendments and repeals.
31. Financial provision.
34. Short title.
The Commission: further provisions
1.Her Majesty shall, on the recommendation of the Prime Minister,...
2.(1) Subject to the following provisions of this paragraph, a...
Members and employees
3.(1) The Commission shall— (a) pay to members of the...
4.(1) The Commission may appoint a chief executive and such...
5.The Commission shall pay to the Minister for the Civil...
6.(1) The arrangements for the procedure of the Commission (including...
7.A document purporting to be— (a) duly executed under the...
Annual reports and accounts
8.(1) As soon as possible after the end of each...
9.(1) The Commission shall— (a) keep proper accounts and proper...
10.For the purposes of this Schedule the Commission’s financial year...
11.The Secretary of State shall defray the expenses of the...
Minor and consequential amendments
The Army Act 1955 (c.18)
1.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Air Force Act 1955 (c.19)
2.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Public Records Act 1958 (c.51)
3.In the First Schedule to the Public Records Act 1958...
The Criminal Appeal Act 1968 (c.19)
4.(1) The Criminal Appeal Act 1968 shall be amended as...
The Courts-Martial (Appeals) Act 1968 (c.20)
5.(1) The Courts-Martial (Appeals) Act 1968 shall be amended as...
The Costs in Criminal Cases Act (Northern Ireland) 1968 (c.10 (N.I.))
6.In section 4 of the Costs in Criminal Cases Act...
The Superannuation Act 1972 (c.11)
7.In Schedule 1 to the Superannuation Act 1972 (kinds of...
The Juries Act 1974 (c.23)
8.In Part I of Schedule 1 to the Juries Act...
The Juries (Northern Ireland) Order 1974 (S.I. 1974/2143 (N.I.6))
9.In Schedule 2 to the Juries (Northern Ireland) Order 1974...
The House of Commons Disqualification Act 1975 (c.24)
10.In the House of Commons Disqualification Act 1975, in Part...
The Northern Ireland Assembly Disqualification Act 1975 (c.25)
11.In the Northern Ireland Assembly Disqualification Act 1975, in Part...
The Criminal Appeal (Northern Ireland) Act 1980 (c.47)
12.(1) The Criminal Appeal (Northern Ireland) Act 1980 shall be...
The County Courts (Northern Ireland) Order 1980 (S.I. 1980/397 (N.I.3))
13.In Article 28(3) of the County Courts (Northern Ireland) Order...
The Supreme Court Act 1981 (c.54)
14.In section 48 of the Supreme Court Act 1981 (appeals...
The Prosecution of Offences Act 1985 (c.23)
15.In section 21(1) of the Prosecution of Offences Act 1985...
The Criminal Justice Act 1988 (c.33)
16.(1) The Criminal Justice Act 1988 shall be amended as...
The Legal Aid Act 1988 (c.34)
17.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Police and Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 (S.I. 1989/1341 (N.I.12))
18.(1) The Police and Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1989...
The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (c.33)
19.In section 51 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order...