Part I Teacher Training
The Teacher Training Agency
1. The Teacher Training Agency.
2. Membership, &c. of the agency.
3. The funding agencies.
4. Qualifying activities and eligible institutions.
5. Grants, loans and other payments.
6. Provisions supplementary to s. 5.
7. Grants to the funding agencies.
8. Directions by the Secretary of State.
9. Joint exercise of functions.
10. Efficiency studies.
General duty of Secretary of State
11A.General duty of Secretary of State with respect to teacher training.
12. Power of schools to provide courses of initial teacher training.
13. Grants for teacher training.
14. Qualification of teachers, &c.
15. Duty to provide information, &c.
16. Additional, supplementary and ancillary functions.
17. The Teaching as a Career Unit: transfer of property and staff.
18. Power to reimburse certain payments to persons formerly employed in teacher training.
18A.Inspection of institutions training teachers for schools.
Part II Students’ Unions
20. Meaning of “students’ union”.
21. Establishments to which Part II applies.
22. Requirements to be observed in relation to students’ unions.
Part III General provisions
23. Orders and directions.
24. Consequential amendments.
27. Short title and citation.
The Teacher Training Agency
1.(1) The agency may, subject to sub-paragraph (2), do anything...
2.(1) One of the members of the agency shall be...
Tenure of members of the agency
3.(1) A person shall hold and vacate office as a...
4.If the Secretary of State is satisfied that a member...
Salaries, allowances and pensions
5.(1) The agency— (a) shall pay to their members such...
6.(1) The agency may appoint such employees as they think...
7.(1) Employment with the agency shall be included among the...
8.(1) The agency may establish a committee for any purpose....
Delegation of functions
9.The agency may authorise the chairman, the chief officer or...
10.Without prejudice to any other rights the Secretary of State...
11.(1) Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Schools in England, or...
12.The validity of any proceedings of the agency or of...
13.Subject to the preceding provisions of this Schedule, the agency...
Application of seal and proof of instruments
14.The application of the seal of the agency shall be...
15.Every document purporting to be an instrument made or issued...
16.(1) It shall be the duty of the agency—
17.The agency— (a) shall make an annual report to the...
Status of agency
18.The agency shall not be regarded as the servant or...
Public Records Act 1958 (c.51)
1.In Schedule 1 to the Public Records Act 1958 (definition...
Education Act 1962 (c. 12)
2.In section 4 of the Education Act 1962 (awards &c...
Superannuation Act 1972 (c.11)
3.In Schedule 1 to the Superannuation Act 1972 (employments to...
House of Commons Disqualification Act 1975 (c.24)
4.In Part III of Schedule 1 to the House of...
Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (c.65)
5.(1) The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 is amended as follows....
Race Relations Act 1976 (c.74)
6.(1) The Race Relations Act 1976 is amended as follows....
Education (Fees and Awards) Act 1983 (c.40)
7.In section 1 of the Education (Fees and Awards) Act...
Education Reform Act 1988 (c.40)
8.(1) The Education Reform Act 1988 is amended as follows....
Education (Student Loans) Act 1990 (c.6)
9.In section 1 of the Education (Student Loans) Act 1990...
Further and Higher Education Act 1992 (c.13)
10.(1) The Further and Higher Education Act 1992 is amended...