1991 No. 458
The International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations 1991
4th March 1991
Laid before Parliament
7th March 1991
Coming into force
1st April 1991
The Secretary of State for Transport, with the consent of the Treasury, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 56(1) and (2) of the Finance Act 1973(1) and the Department of Transport (Fees) Order 1988(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. These Regulations may be cited as the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations 1991 and shall come into force on 1st April 1991.
2. The International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (Fees) Regulations 1988(3) shall be amended in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations.
3. In Regulation 2 for sub-paragraph (b) there shall be substituted–
“the 1988 Regulations” means the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations 1988.”(4).
4. In Regulations 3(a), 3(b), 5(2) and 11 for the words “the 1982 Regulations” there shall be substituted the words “the 1988 Regulations”.
5. In the Regulations specified in column 1 of the Table below for the amounts specified in column 2 of the Table there shall be substituted the amounts specified in column 3 of the Table.
Signed by the authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of Transport
28th February 1991
We consent to the making of these Regulations
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury
4th March 1991
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (Fees) Regulations 1988 (“the 1988 Regulations”) as follows.
1. Regulation 5 makes the following amendments to the fees prescribed by the 1988 Regulations.
(a)The fee payable where a first inspection in relation to an application for an ADR certificate is carried out on the same day as an examination under the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations 1988, is increased from £95.00 to £100.70. The fee for a first inspection in any other case is increased from £95.00 to £100.70 plus the amount which would be payable in respect of an examination under those Regulations.
(b)Where a vehicle fails to pass an inspection and arrangements are made for a further inspection to be carried out not more than 14 days after the first inspection, the additional fee payable is increased from £47.50 to £50.40.
(c)The fee for the issue of a copy of an ADR certificate which has been lost or destroyed is increased from £5.50 to £5.80.
2. The opportunity has been taken to update references to the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations 1982 (S.I. 1982/1478) to refer to the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations 1988.
1973 c. 51.
S.I. 1988/643, which was made under Section 102 of the Finance (No.2) Act 1987 (c. 51). The relevant reference in S.I. 1988/643 is Table II of Schedule 1.
S.I. 1988/1478, as amended by S.I. 1989/320 and 1693, 1990/448, and 1991/252.