Part I Provisions relating to the National Lottery
The Director General and the National Lottery Commission
1. Replacement of Director General by National Lottery Commission.
2. Financial penalties for breach of conditions in licences.
3. Appeals against financial penalties.
4. Appeals against revocation of licences.
5. Access by Comptroller and Auditor General to documents etc.
The new good cause
6. The new good cause and the re-allocation of lottery money.
7. The New Opportunities Fund.
8. Provisions supplemental to section 7.
9. Manner of distribution.
10. Power of distributing bodies to solicit applications.
11. Delegation by distributing bodies of their powers of distribution.
12. Joint schemes for distribution of money by distributing bodies.
13. Strategic plans for distributing bodies.
14. The National Lottery Charities Board.
15. Orders and regulations.
Part II The National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts
16. The National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts.
18. General duty and powers.
19. Initial and subsequent endowment.
20. Solicitation of gifts and investment of money.
21. Financial directions etc.
22. Annual report and forward plans.
24. Exemption from taxation.
25. Interpretation of Part II.
Part III Supplemental provisions
27. Short title, interpretation, commencement and extent.
Replacement of Director General by Commission: supplementary provisions
Part I Transfers etc
1.In this Part of this Schedule— “the appointed day” means...
Transfer of property, rights and liabilities
2.On the appointed day, there shall by virtue of this...
Transfer of staff
3.(1) This paragraph applies to any person who, immediately before...
Construction of references to the Director General
4.Any enactment or instrument passed or made before the appointed...
Continuing validity of past acts
5.(1) Nothing in any other provision of the principal section...
Final report and accounts of the Director General
6.(1) As respects any time on or after the appointed...
Part II Constitution of the Commission
7.After Schedule 2 to the 1993 Act there shall be...
Part III Minor and consequential amendments
The Public Records Act 1958
8.In Schedule 1 to the Public Records Act 1958 (definition...
The Parliamentary Commissioner Act 1967
9.In the Parliamentary Commissioner Act 1967, in Schedule 2 (departments...
The House of Commons Disqualification Act 1975
10.In the House of Commons Disqualification Act 1975—
The Northern Ireland Assembly Disqualification Act 1975
11.In the Northern Ireland Assembly Disqualification Act 1975—
The Tribunals and Inquiries Act 1992
12.(1) The Tribunals and Inquiries Act 1992 shall be amended...
The 1993 Act
13.In section 14 of the 1993 Act (annual report) in...
14.In section 20 of the 1993 Act (interpretation of Part...
15.(1) Section 31 of the 1993 Act (payments from Distribution...
The New Opportunities Fund: Schedule 6A to the 1993 Act
Joint schemes: Schedule 3A to the 1993 Act
The National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts
1.(1) NESTA shall consist of not more than 15 members...
Delegation of functions
2.(1) NESTA may appoint any other body or person to...
Tenure of office
3.(1) Subject to the following provisions of this paragraph, a...
Remuneration and allowances
4.(1) If the Secretary of State so determines, NESTA may...
5.Subject to any directions under section 21 of this Act,...
6.(1) NESTA may regulate their own procedure and that of...
Application of seal and evidence
7.The application of the seal of NESTA shall be authenticated...
8.A document purporting to be duly executed under the seal...
Status of NESTA
9.NESTA shall not be regarded as the servant or agent...
10.(1) In the House of Commons Disqualification Act 1975, in...
11.The payments which may be made under section 31 of...
12.Any consultation undertaken before the commencement of this Schedule in...
Application to Scotland
13.Paragraphs 7 and 8 above do not extend to Scotland....
Part I Enactments relating to replacement of Director General by Commission
Part II Other enactments