1997 No. 2950
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The A102(M) Motorway (Port Greenwich Development Connecting Roads) Scheme 1997
8th December 1997
Coming into force
8th January 1998
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Scheme in exercise of powers conferred by section 16 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1.—(1) This may be cited as the A102(M) Motorway (Port Greenwich Development Connecting Roads) Scheme 1997 and shall come into force on 8th January 1998.
2. In this Scheme:
(1) all measurements of distance are measured along the routes of the relevant highways;
(2) (i) “connecting roads” means special roads along the routes described in the Schedule to this Scheme;
(ii)“the plan” means the plan contained in the plan folio numbered LRO-B 64/E5330/5/3 marked “The A102(M) Motorway (Port Greenwich Development Connecting Roads) Scheme 1997”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at the Highways Agency, St Christopher House, Southwark Street, London SE1 0TE; and
(iii)“the special roads” means the Motorway and each connecting road.
3. The Secretary of State is authorised to provide the connecting roads for the exclusive use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. The centre line of each of the connecting roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
5. Each of the connecting roads shall become a trunk road on the date when this Scheme comes into force.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
R T Thorndike
Director Network and Customer Services (London) Highways Agency
8th December 1997
THE SCHEDULEROUTES OF THE CONNECTING ROADS
The routes of the connecting roads are as follows:
Junction with the A102(M) Motorway at Greenwich Peninsula in the London Borough of Greenwich. Two routes to connect the Motorway with Blackwall Lane (the special roads along these routes being respectively given the letters A and B on the Site Plan in the plan folio).
1980 c. 66.