1997 No. 2329
The Procurement of Air Navigation Equipment (Technical Specifications) Regulations 1997
26th September 1997
Laid before Parliament
7th October 1997
Coming into force
1st December 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport, being a Minister designated(1) for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to matters relating to air transport, in exercise of the powers conferred by that section hereby makes the following Regulations:—
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Procurement of Air Navigation Equipment (Technical Specifications) Regulations 1997 and shall come into force on 1st December 1997.
2.—(1) In these Regulations “the Directive” means Council Directive 93/65/EEC on the definition and use of compatible technical specifications for the procurement of air navigation equipment(3).
(2) These Regulations shall have effect for the purpose of making such provision as is necessary to comply with the Directive and shall be construed accordingly.
3. These Regulations shall apply in any case in which National Air Traffic Services Ltd seeks the supply of or seeks offers for the supply of air navigation equipment in respect of which any of the Eurocontrol standards listed in the Schedule apply.
4. In any case in which these Regulations apply National Air Traffic Services Ltd shall, in the general documents or specifications relating to each contract for the purchase of air navigation equipment, refer to the applicable Eurocontrol standard.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
26th September 1997
Standards adopted by the Commission of the European Communities:
1. Eurocontrol standard for on-line data interchange (OLDI), first edition, (Eurocontrol document reference 001-92); and
2. Eurocontrol standard for air traffic services data exchange presentation (ADEXP) (Eurocontrol document reference 002-93).
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations oblige National Air Traffic Services Limited to ensure that the specifications for the procurement of air navigation equipment included in the Eurocontrol standards adopted by the Commission of the European Communities in accordance with Council Directive 93/65/EEC are included in documents or specifications when it purchases or seeks to purchase air traffic management equipment covered by such specifications.
Copies of the Eurocontrol standards referred to in the Schedule to these Regulations can be obtained from the European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation Document Centre, Rue de la Fusee 96, B-1130 Brussels, Belgium.
1972 c. 68.
O.J. No. L187, 29.7.93, p. 52, as amended by Commission Directive 97/15/EC O.J. No. L95, 10.4.97, p. 16.