1996 No. 516 (S.50)
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICIARY, SCOTLAND
The High Court of Justiciary Fees Amendment Order 1996
28th February 1996
Laid before Parliament
11th March 1996
Coming into force
1st April 1996
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 2 of the Courts of Law Fees (Scotland) Act 1895(1) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, and with the concurrence of the Treasury, hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the High Court of Justiciary Fees Amendment Order 1996 and shall come into force on 1st April 1996.
2. For the Table of Fees in the Schedule to the High Court of Justiciary Fees Order 1984(2) there shall be substituted the Table of Fees set out in the Schedule to this Order.
3. Article 2(b) of the High Court of Justiciary Fees Amendment Order 1994(3) is hereby revoked.
Minister of State, Scottish Office
St Andrew’s House,
21st February 1996
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury
28th February 1996
SCHEDULETABLE OF FEES
(Fee formerly payable)(4)
1. Petitions to the Nobile Officium and applications for criminal letters (inclusive fee covering all steps in procedure)
2. Extract convictions, per sheet or part thereof
3. Certified copy of any other document
4. Copying— all documents
(a)by manuscript or typescript per sheet or part thereof
(b)by any other means per page:
each of first 10 pages
each page after first 10
Subsequent copies: each page
5. Searches— for any search of records or archives:
(a)for first half hour of time taken
(b)for more than one half hour up to a maximum of two hours
(c)for each half hour or part thereof in excess of two hours
(d)correspondence fee where applicable
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order increases from 1st April 1996 certain of the fees payable to the Principal Clerk of Justiciary or any officer acting for him in relation to proceedings in the High Court of Justiciary. The increases average 4%.
1895 c. 14; section 2 was substituted by the Divorce Jurisdiction, Court Fees and Legal Aid (Scotland) Act 1983 (c. 12), section 4.
S.I. 1984/252, amended by S.I. 1994/3266.
Column 3 shows the fees which were payable under S.I. 1984/252 as amended by S.I. 1994/3266 before the coming into force of the High Court of Justiciary Fees Amendment Order 1996 (S.I. 1996/516) on 1st April 1996.