Adjustments Appropriation Act 23 of 2011
Please note that most Acts are published in English and another South African official language. Currently we only have capacity to publish the English versions.
This means that this document will only contain even numbered pages as the other language is printed on uneven numbered pages.
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Vol. 558 Cape Town 14 December 2011 No. 34866
No. 1062 14 December 201 1
It is hereby notified that the President has assented to the following Act, which is hereby published for general information:-
No. 23 of 2011: Adjustments Appropriation Act, 2011.
2 No. 34866
Act No. 23 of 2011
GOVERNMENT GAZETTE, 14 DECEMBER 20 II
Adjustments Appropriation Act, 2011
(English text signed by the President) (Assented to 12 December 2011)
ACT To effect adjustments to the appropriation of money from the National Revenue Fund for the requirements of the State in respect of the 2011/2012 financial year; and to provide for matters incidental thereto.
WHEREAS section 213(2) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, provides that money may be withdrawn from the National Revenue Fund only in terms of an appropriation by an Act of Parliament;
WHEREAS the Appropriation Act, 2011 (Act No. 11 of 2011 ), provides for the appropriation of money from the National Revenue Fund to provide for the requirements of the State in respect of the 2011/2012 financial year;
AND WHEREAS section 30 of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act No. 1 of 1999), provides for adjustments to be effected to the amounts of money appropriated in an Appropriation Act,
BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa, as follows:- Interpretation
1. In this Act, unless the context indicates otherwise, any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Appropriation Act, 2011 (Act No. II of 20 II), or the 5 Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act No. I of 1999), has the meaning assigned to it in those Acts.
Appropriation of adjusted amounts of money for requirements of State
2. (I) Adjusted appropriations by Parliament of money from the National Revenue Fund for the requirements of the State in respect of the 2011/20 12 financial year to votes I 0 and main divisions within a vote, and amendments to the aims and purposes specified, are set out in Schedule 2 to this Act.
(2) The spending of appropriations contemplated in subsection (I) is subject to the Public Finance Management Act.
Appropriation listed as specifically and exclusively
3. An appropriation to a vote or main division within a vote that is listed as specifically and exclusively appropriated in Schedule 2 may only be utilised for the purpose indicated, and may not be used for any other purpose, unless an Act of Parliament amends or changes the purpose for which it was allocated.
4 No. 34866 GOVERNMENT GAZETTE, 14 DECEMBER 2011
Act No. 23 of 2011 Adjustments Appropriation Act, 2011
4. ( 1) The Minister may- ( a) impose conditions in respect of an appropriation in Schedule 2, in order to
promote and enforce transparency and effective management in respect of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities of departments, public entities and 5 constitutional institutions in accordance with section 6(l)(g) of the Public Finance Management Act; and
(b) stop any allocation in terms of such an appropriation until any condition imposed by the Minister is met.
(2) A notification of an amount stopped in terms of subsection (1 )(b) must be included 10 in the National Treasury's next statement of actual revenue and expenditure in terms of section 32(1) of the Public Finance Management Act.
Utilisation of saving
5. (1) Notwithstanding section 43(4)(b) and (c) of the Public Finance Management Act, the National Treasury may, in order to expedite service delivery, approve the 15 utilisation of a saving in-
( a) an amount appropriated for transfer to another organ of state or to an organisation or body outside of government, provided that the expenditure will be utilised for the same purpose as that of the main division within the vote in which it was originally appropriated; 20
(b) an amount appropriated for payments for capital assets, if the saving is to be utilised in the same vote for other categories of expenditure, other than for the compensation of employees.
(2) The approval of the utilisation of savings in terms of subsection (1) must be reported in the next quarterly expenditure report to both the Standing and Select 25 Committees on Appropriations.
Allocations for and expenditure by departments whose allocations are included in same budget vote
6. (1) The votes listed in column 1 of Schedule 1 contain the allocations for departments listed in column 2 of Schedule 1. 30
(2) Departments listed in column 2 of Schedule 1 whose allocations are included in the same budget vote must comply with requirements contained in section 7 of the Appropriation Act, 2011 (Act No. 11 of 2011).
7. The Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, make regulations regarding- 35 (a) anything which may be prescribed in terms of this Act; and (b) any ancillary or incidental administrative or procedural matter that it is
necessary to prescribe for the proper implementation or administration of this Act.
Short title 40
8. This Act is called the Adjustments Appropriation Act, 2011.
6 No. 34866 GOVERNMENT GAZETTE, 14 DECEMBER 2011
Act No. 23 of 2011 Adjustments Appropriation Act, 20 II
Column 1: Budget Vote Column 2: Department Vote 3: Cooperative Governance and Department of Cooperative Governance Traditional Affairs 5
Department of Traditional Affairs Vote 12: Public Service and Department of Public Service and Admin- Administration istration
Public Administration Leadership and Management Academy
Vote 22: Defence and Military Veterans Department of Defence lO Department of Military Veterans
8 No. 34866 GOVERNMENT GAZEITE, 14 DECEMBER 2011
Acl No. 23 of2011 Adjustments Appropriation Act, 20 I I
SCHEDULE 2 Trans/eO'$ and Payments Payments
Vote Current Pavments Subsidies forCap~al for Financial Totlll Compensation Goods and Assets Assets
of Emolovees Services Other
R'OOO R'OOO R'OOO R'OOO R'OOO R'OOO R'OOO
1 The Presidtnc y 115927 28229 32 854 60 S.4 (5 700)
Aim: Facilitate a common programme towards lite achievement of the electoral mandate and the enhanced integrity of the Slate through considered planning, coordination. o""rsight mobffiwk>n and suppott.
1 AdminiStration 52 194 26949 32854 (1909) (5 700)
2 National Planning 1 280 1280
3 National Youth Oevetopmeht (385 853) (385853)
Of which D6parlmental agencies and accounts - National Youlh Development Agency: Programmes promoting
youth development (385853)
3 Audiary and Associaled Services 448306 448 306
Of which Depatlmental agencies and accounts - National Yout~ DevelOpment Agency: Programmes promoting
youth develOpment 385 853
- Brand South Africa: Contribution \0 operations 62453
2 Parliament 7 628 9095 (11161) 9674 20
Aim: Pro>Me 1M support services requifed by Parliament to fulfl its conslilulional functions. to assist pofl'tkal patties representod in Parliament to secure Sdmb!lsrrative support and service consliluanl>i. and to provkJe members of Parliament wth the neoassary facilities.
1 Ad'""'iollation 18554 9095 9439 20
2 Legislation and Oversight 1600 1600
4 Members' Facil~ies (22 200) (22 200)
5 Associated SeNioes 9674 9674
Of which Non-profit instilutk>ns - Political Party Support: Contribution to operations 9073
- Party Leodel'$h" Support: Contribution to pol~ical parti&s lor party teadel'$' remuneration 601
3 Coopeute 1o aChieving government's v/S!Ofl of an adaptive and restfliCfured economy. characterised by accelerated economic growth. employment ere a/ion and greater equity by 2014.
1 Administration 121135 20913 67813 4232 281 77 Ofwllich Public corpora/ions - tndustrial Development CorpOfalion: Fund for re&earcn into
industrial developmenlgrowth and esidies for
water security (44075)
3 Water Infrastructure Management (223000) (223000) Olv.hich Dep911mentalagencies and 8CCOunls . - Water Trading Entity: k'tfrastructure devebpment and rehabitlitatM)n (223 000)