rangement of Provisions
1. Short title and
2. General powers and duties of
3. Meetings of the Board
2015, No. 5
AN ACT to amend the Fair Trading Act 1998 (‘Principal Act’).
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in
Parliament assembled as follows:
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This Act may be cited as
the Fair Trading Amendment Act 2015.
(2) This Act commences on the date of assent by the Head of State.
2. General powers and duties of the Board - Section 49 of the
Principal Act is amended as follows:
(a) renumbering the current provision as subsection (1); and
(b) after subsection (1), insert:
“(2) An Order made under subsection (1)(a) may be signed on
behalf of the Board by the Chairperson, or in his or her absence the
Chief Executive Officer.”.
2 Fair Trading Amendment 2015, No. 5
3. Meetings of the Board - In section 51(7), for “Chief Executive
Officer” substitute “secretary”.
The Fair Trading Amendment Act 2015 is administered
by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Labour.