Arrangement of Provisions
1. Short title and commencement
AN ACT to amend the Shops Ordinance 1961.
BE IT ENACTED the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in
Parliament assembled as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This Act may be
cited as the Shops Amendment Act 2005 and shall be read with
and form part of the Shops Ordinance 1961 (the Principal Act).
(2) This Act shall come into force on the day it is assented
to by the Head of State.
(3) Notice of commencement of this Act shall be published
in Samoan and English in the Savali and one other newspaper
circulating in Samoa.
2. Interpretation – Section 2 of the Principal Act is
amended by deleting the words:
“Labour day which shall be the first Monday of August and
that such a holiday shall be celebrated for the first time in
the year 1995”
4 Shops Amendment 2005, No.6
from the definition of “Public holiday” and replacing them with
the following words:
“Fathers’ day which is the Monday immediately following
the second Sunday in August”.
The Shops Amendment Act 2005 is administered in the Ministry
of Commerce, Industry and Labour