On Making Amendments to the Regulations
on the Use of Baltic Assembly Funds
The Baltic Assembly decides to adopt the following amendments to the Regulations on the Use of Baltic Assembly Funds:
1. To add to Point 16 the following sentence:
“If the cost estimate of a particular activity is exceeded, a decision on allocating additional funds within the limits of the approved budget shall be adopted jointly by the Presidium and the Budget and Audit Committee of the Baltic Assembly.”
2. To insert in Point 17 after the word “application” the words “from the chairperson of the relevant committee” so that it reads as follows:
“If additional resources are needed for organizing events, the Baltic Assembly Presidium and the Baltic Assembly Budget and Audit Committee, after receiving an application from the chairperson of the relevant committee, shall decide on the possibility of granting additional funding.”
3. To add to the Regulations a new Point 18 in the following wording:
“If significant changes requiring adjustments in the Baltic Assembly budget have been made in the Baltic Assembly working plan between the Baltic Assembly Sessions, the Presidium and the Budget and Audit Committee of the Baltic Assembly have the right to adopt a decision on amendments to budgetary items twice a year: prior to 1 June and prior to 1 October.”
4. To renumber former Points 18 – 20 as Points 19 – 21.
5. To supplement the heading “Use of the BA Discretionary Budgetary Funds” with the words “and the Budget Reserve Fund” so that it reads as follows:
“Use of the BA Discretionary Budgetary Funds and the Budget Reserve Fund”.
6. To add to the Regulations a new Point 22 in the following wording:
“The BA Presidium and the Budget and Audit Committee shall decide on the BA budget reserve fund and its use.”
7. To renumber former Points 21 – 25 as Points 23 – 27.
Riga, November 24 2007