Food Safety Commission Order
The Cabinet shall enact this Cabinet Order pursuant to Article 24, paragraph (1), item (xiii) and Article 38 of the Food Safety Basic Act (Act No. 48 of 2003).
(Cases When Relevant Ministers Shall Hear the Commission's Opinions)
Article 1 (1) The case provided by the Cabinet Order provided in Article 24, paragraph (1), item (xiv) of the Food Safety Basic Act (hereinafter referred to as the "Act") is the case when relevant ministers intend to formulate policies to ensure food safety in accordance with the provisions of ordinances (excluding Cabinet Orders, and including public notices) in accordance with the Acts cited in items (i) to (xiii) of the said paragraph, specified by the Cabinet Office Ordinance as one where the Assessment of the Effect of Food on Health provided by Article 11, paragraph (1) of the Act shall be made.
(2) When the Prime Minister intends to enact, amend, or abolish the Cabinet Office Ordinance in the preceding paragraph, the Prime Minister shall hear the opinions of related ministers.
Article 2 (1) The secretariat of the Food Safety Commission (hereinafter referred to as the "Commission") shall establish one deputy-secretary general.
(2) The deputy secretary-general shall assist the secretary-general.
(Organization of the Secretariat)
Article 3 (1) The secretariat of the Commission shall establish divisions.
(2) The secretariat of the Commission may establish a staff that takes part in the important things of the matters of the secretariat as instructed, except what is provided for in the preceding paragraph.
(3) The number of divisions to be established under the provision of paragraph (1) shall be 4 or less.
(4) In addition to what is provided in the preceding three paragraphs, details of the secretariat of the Commission shall be prescribed by the Cabinet Office Ordinance.
(Management of the Commission)
Article 4 In addition to what is provided in this Cabinet Order, the Chairperson shall determine the procedures of meetings and other necessary matters concerning the administration of the Commission with consulting the Commission.