INDUSTRCQL AND PROVIDENT SOCIETIES
THE INDUSTRIAL AND PROVIDENT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Societies which may be registered.
4. Conditions of registration.
5. Acknowledgement of registry.
6. Appeals from refusal to register.
6A. Appeals Tribunal.
7. Effect of acknowledgement of regisby.
Cancelling and Suspension of Registry
8. Cancelling and suspension of registry.
9. Rules and amendments.
Duties of Registered Societies
10. ' Registered office.
I 1. Publication of name.
13. Annual returns.
13A. [Deleted by Act 33 of 2002, S. 9.1
13B. [ ~ e i e t e d by AL 33 of 2002, S. P ]
I 3C. [Deleted by Act 33 of2002, S. 9.1
13D. [Deleted by Act 33 of 2002, S. 9.1
13E. [Deleted by Act 33 of 2002, S. 9.1
14. Supply of copies of annual returns.
IS. Copy of the last balance sheet.
Inspection of Books
16. Inspection of books by members.
17. Inspection of books by order of Registrar.
[The inclusion of this'.page is authorized by L.N. 92C120121
iiVDUSTRL.4 L AND PROVIDENT SOCIETIES 1
I Banking by Societies
Conditions of banking business by societies.
Returns and Documents
Form and deposit of documents.
Privileges of Societies.
Incorporation of society with limited liability.
Rules to bind members.
Remedies for debts from members. I
Powers of nomination for sums not exceeding $200.
Proceedings on the death of a nominator.
Provisions for intestacy.
[Repealed by Act 25 of 201 0, S. 15.1
Power to deal with the property of insane or lunatic members,,
Payments to persons apparently entitled valid. *
~ransfer of stock standing in name of trustee.
Membeqhip of minors.
Promissory notes and bills of exchange.
~e~ i s t e r lo f members or shares. . ';'.
Contracts, how made, varied or discharged.
Property and Funk of Registered Societies
~ d l d i n ~ bf land.
l m . . . I
Investment by societies.
[Repealed by Act 25 of 201 0, S. 1 7.1
~dvance$ to members. I * Societies, members of the other bodiks corporate may vote bylproxy.
I . .
Any body corporate may hold shares in a society. > I , : * ' & . ' \ '
Discharge of Mortgages by ~ e & i ~ i ndorskd ''
. . I *
Discharge of mortgages by receipt endorsed. . . . a . I , : ,
Receipt in case of society in liquidation.
Oflcers in Receipt or Charge of Money
Security by officers. . ,
Accounts of officers. 1
Disputes .. : I i
Decision of disputes. . f . 1 .
[The inclusion of this page is authorized by L.N. 92c/2012]
RVDUSTRLAL AND PROVIDENT SOCIETIES 3
Inspection of Affairs
45. Power to appoint Inspectors.
Change of Name; Amalgamation; Conversion of Society into Company
46. Meaning of special resolution.
47. Power to change name.
48. Amalgamation and transfer of engagements.
49. Conversion of society into a company.
50. Conversion of company into society.
5 1. Registration of special resolutions.
52. Saving for rights of creditors.
Dissolution of Societies
53. Provisions as to dissolution of societies.
54. Liability of members in winding up.
55, Provisions as to instrument of dissolution.
55A. Schemes of arrangement.
Offences, Penalties and Legal proceedings
56. Offences by societies.
57. Offences by societies to be also offences by officers, etc.
58.. Punishment of fraud or misappropriation.
59. Penalty for falsification.
60. Penalty for not using name of society.
6 1. Delivery of untrue rules.
62. Penalty for ordinary offences.
63. Recovery of penalties.
64. Evidence of documents.
Regulations for canying out Act.
65. Scale of fees.
INDUSTRIAL AND PROVIDENT SOCIETIES 5
THE INDUSTRIAL AND PROVIDENT
33 of 1975,
36 of 1976
1 of 1979
[Ist August, 1903.1 28
38 of 1997.
1. This Act may be cited as the Industrial and Provident Shorttitle.
2. In this Act-
"amendment of rule" includes a new rule, and a resolution