S.I. No. 93/2013 - Health Insurance Act 1994 (Section11E(2)) Regulations 2013.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 22nd March, 2013.
The Health Insurance Authority pursuant to the requirement in Section 11E(2) of the Health Insurance Act 1994 (No. 16 of 1994) (inserted by section 15 of the Health Insurance (Amendment) Act 2012 (No. 45 of 2012), hereby makes the following Regulations:
Citation and commencement
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Health Insurance Act 1994 (Section11E(2)) Regulations 2013.
(2) These Regulations shall come into operation on 20 March 2013.
2. (1) In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires—
“Act of 1994” means the Health Insurance Act 1994 .
“advanced cover” has the same meaning as that provided for in section 11E(4) of the Act of 1994;
“Authority” means The Health Insurance Authority; and
“relevant contract” has the meaning assigned to it by section 125A of the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999 .
(2) A word or expression that is used in these Regulations and is also used in the Act of 1994 shall have in these Regulations the same meaning as it has in that Act unless the contrary intention appears.
(3) A reference in these Regulations—
(a) to any other enactment shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as a reference to that enactment as amended or extended by any other enactment,
(b) a reference to a Regulation is a reference to a Regulation of these Regulations unless it is indicated that a reference to some other provision is intended, and
(c) a reference to a Schedule is a reference to a Schedule to these Regulations unless it is indicated that a reference to some other provision is intended.
Specification by the Authority
3. In accordance with subparagraph (i) of paragraph (b) of subsection (2) of section 11E of the Act of 1994, the Authority specifies that it is satisfied that the type of relevant contract identified by the product registration number specified in column (1) of the Schedule to these Regulations, being issued by the registered undertaking specified in column (2) and bearing the product name specified in column (3), a sample of that type of relevant contract having been submitted to the Authority as a new type of relevant contract under section 7AB(1) of the Act of 1994, does not provide for advanced cover.
SCHEDULEType of relevant contract submitted to the Authority under section 7AB(1) of the Act of 1994 which the Authority is satisfied does not provide for advanced cover
Product Registration number(1)
Elips Insurances Ltd
GIVEN under the Seal of The Health Insurance Authority,
20 March 2013.
(This note is not part of the Regulations and does not purport to be a legal interpretation.)
These Regulations are made by The Health Insurance Authority pursuant to Section 11E(2) of the Health Insurance Act 1994 , as inserted by section 15 of the Health Insurance (Amendment) Act 2012 and specify that The Health Insurance Authority is satisfied that a particular relevant contract does not provide for advanced cover.